GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Emseypenguin
FUZZBUTT MCSNOWBALLS

Emseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to all
New Steam Feature - Family Sharing

New Steam Feature - Family Sharing

Visit here to read more

Just when you thought Steam couldn't get any better, Valve and gone and upped the ante once again.

......Read More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domdange
Don't give what you can't take.
Emseypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Steam Feature - Family Sharing

Wooohooo yes

No Kris, I will not add you as a friend on Steam

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Everyone will want to share with Rash, since he owns the Steam library.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh, this won't change a lot for me. I like the idea (and yes, I liked the idea when Microsoft did a variation on it for the Xbone) but I would still much prefer to own my own games. It would be good if there's a game that you've been wanting to try but not sure whether you'll like it or not but I can't see myself sharing somebodies library for more than a few games, for a few hours.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Tbh, this won't change a lot for me. I like the idea (and yes, I liked the idea when Microsoft did a variation on it for the Xbone) but I would still much prefer to own my own games. It would be good if there's a game that you've been wanting to try but not sure whether you'll like it or not but I can't see myself sharing somebodies library for more than a few games, for a few hours.
This really, was thinking of sharing with a buddy of mine. But until the steambox really becomes a thing in the living room I don't see this having wide use other than friends using other friends accounts to find out if a game is shite or not.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Sikopathic

Roller Mine

Sikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud ofSikopathic has much to be proud of

I Liked it untill I saw this

Basically, If Jess Uses this to play Assassins Creed II, and I want to Play BioShock, I won't be able to without it Kicking her off. So basically This is giving someone access to your entire library for one game and you can't do anything untill they stop playing that one game.
Sikopathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
Basically, If Jess Uses this to play Assassins Creed II, and I want to Play BioShock, I won't be able to without it Kicking her off.
You're complaining about gaining another method of annoying Jess?!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
I Liked it untill I saw this

Basically, If Jess Uses this to play Assassins Creed II, and I want to Play BioShock, I won't be able to without it Kicking her off. So basically This is giving someone access to your entire library for one game and you can't do anything untill they stop playing that one game.
I think the person borrowing gets a warning that you've logged in and has a couple of minutes to wrap up, save etc.

Sounds good to me on the whole. I'm always getting recommended games by mates and it would be nice to have the chance to try them through their accounts first, rather than take the plunge blind.
Old 13-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that Smile has mentioned will also avoid people buying one copy of the game and just playing that with all their friends.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #10
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I can see that they wouldn't want to have multiple people playing the same game from a library but it's a bit lame that my daughter can't play Dead Rising on my account while I play Euro Truck Simulator. It definitely reduces it's usefulness.