GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 25-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Roister Doister

Barnacle

Roister Doister is an unknown quantity at this pointRoister Doister is an unknown quantity at this point
The Lonely Gamer

The Lonely Gamer

Visit here to read more

The term 'multiplayer' has changed dramatically over the last few years. Once it meant you sat with a friend as you played together or against each other. Now, if you're not playing with friends, you can virtually invite a collection of strangers into your living room.

......Read More
Roister Doister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Misterwoot

Manhack

Misterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Lonely Gamer

Gary my boy, as an MMORPG addict since 2001... you're not alone in your quest.

Maybe Final Fantasy 14 : A Realm Reborn will be the holy grail of asshat free multiplayer?

And maybe Screaming Lord Sutch will rise from the grave, win a landslide election victory and have his dead cat "Mandoo" as his chancellor
Bang
Blow
Shoot First, Second, Third and Fourth.... and ask questions to fill time while you reload.
Misterwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to comment and say that I rarely play online games other than with friends.. then I remembered I play MMOs.. Fucking fail.

I totally agree though. When I was an Xbox gamer, I would either have to sit through pre-pubescent abuse or go through the effort of muting people.

I disagree with on terms of Defiance though. Sure it's repetitive gameplay, but so are all MMOs. The missions so far do seem a bit repetitive also, but I really enjoy the environment and gameplay.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Roister Doister

Barnacle

Roister Doister is an unknown quantity at this pointRoister Doister is an unknown quantity at this point

It's kinda my point, I think. MMOs, including Defiance, survive by being able to play with so many people simultaneously, so why bother making the game varied and interesting? Could you say you'd still be playing Defiance if it was how it is but single-player only?
Roister Doister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roister Doister View Post
It's kinda my point, I think. MMOs, including Defiance, survive by being able to play with so many people simultaneously, so why bother making the game varied and interesting? Could you say you'd still be playing Defiance if it was how it is but single-player only?
Probably less interested but still interested. I've only played with others a few times. But I see your point.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote