GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 19-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
Smokin' Aces (2006)

No idea how I missed this, must of been buried under a heavy project or some shizzel!

Watched today, enjoyed it and highly recommend giving it a look. Its fairly dark and violent, so be warned.

Great cast and action with above average directing and story, gets an 8/10 on IMDB from me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475394/

Didn't see any comments on the forums about it... anyone else checked it?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Old 19-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smokin' Aces (2006)

I've got the DVD in here somewhere, but I've actually not watched it yet. I hear it's really good though, and now I'm reminded it exists (and I actually have it) I may watch it soon.
Old 19-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Watched it, and thought it could have been much better. Still enjoyed it though, but I would have given it a 6/10.
Old 20-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of

Looks like there is a prequel in post production too!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319743/

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Old 20-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

thats a pretty ******* intense film right there!

what do you think they could have improved upon Gunslinger?
Old 21-07-2009, 03:27 AM   #6
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
thats a pretty ******* intense film right there!

what do you think they could have improved upon Gunslinger?
Not sure if there are any but possible *SPOLERS*

I think it was just the story itself.

Killing off some of the appealing characters half way through was a massive blow to me, and I constantly felt a bit frustrated throughout the film as it seemed to take a while. Especially by the annoying black women, who really ground my gears.

I definitely enjoyed it though, but it has been a long time since I watched it so I can't remember that much about it, just what I thought of it.

I personally prefer Lucky Number S7evin much more.