GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 25-08-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
TV Arial with a Signal Booster

Im looking for an arial with a Power adapter signal booster on it, my house m8 has one and it's great!

wanting to find one before lan as im going to rip my DigiTV card out of my MediaPC and stick it in my gamingPC for when im not gaming...
phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
found this

http://www.accessorystore.co.uk/acat...V_Antenna.html

look good?
Old 25-08-2004, 12:54 PM   #3
Impeh

Scanner

Impeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Get down argos (www.argos.co.uk)

They've got loads of.

You can probably get one cheaper elsewhere, but at least argos usually have stuff in stock.
Impeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
phunky

Vortigaunt

Yeah i know, but it needs to be a high Quality one, as it needs to be able to get Digital Free-2-Air channels...

The one my house mate had was just a standard ariel going throught a booster...

going to go look at argos after work 2day
Old 25-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough
Hmm - thought you needed a tri-band ariel to pick up all of the free to air channels .... let me know how you get on though, cos I would like this sort of thing for the TV in my bedroom.
Old 25-08-2004, 03:35 PM   #6
phunky

Vortigaunt

Any decent ariel will pick up the free-to-air channels, you just gotta get a strong signal!
Old 25-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky
Any decent ariel will pick up the free-to-air channels, you just gotta get a strong signal!
Ahh - it may just be that tri-band ariels are just better ariels overall .... and so you get a better signal anyway and more free-to-air channels ?!?!
Old 26-08-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
Impeh

Scanner

Impeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah this is true, I think it depends on the geographical area you're in as much as anything. Certain parts of the country just don't have the same coverage as others, no matter what aerial you buy.
Impeh is offline   Reply With Quote