GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
saturday working from home on dual screen....cool

woah. having my (second) widescren experinces.
This first time was a dual screen on a mac when I was working back in halifax, and to be honest, I've always enjoyed having working area on one screen and the tools on the other.

I've got a a little freebie site to work on, and theart work is up to 1920px wide, as that's what the artist is working to, and demanding the flash is centered regardless.....sigh.

So thanks to Nvidia, I've borrowed and extra monitor from the in-laws and got my Syncmaster 710t LCD on my left and a hansol....crt on the right.
Now the person who said LCD had bad contrast compared to LCD's may have been right 5-6 years back, but f-me, my lcd monitor kicks ASS over this old CRT.
Resolution, quality, colours. sheesh.
and the bend....o god I forgot crt's had a rounded surface.....I'm almost got motion sickness the first time I started off.

It's a little bit wierd by I'm enjoying my "dual screen / attempt at widescreen"

Just had a quick test of half life: Source.
Did make me chuckle.

Everyone nags, half life source, looks the same, plays the same.
but it's a port. A port to a new engine.
The new engine has surround sound, it can yank the screen up to monster widescreen resolutions.
it gives you a different FEEL of the old game and it has all the portability of Source.

It totally blew me away.
When I get some money a large screen is a bit of a must.

and set of surround sound speakers, (the zalmans won me over).
that and a sound-blasterx-fi pro gamer thingy to eliminate "hiss" and increase audio speed and fidelity.

Wireless keyboard and mouse...i think so.

vista....
oh and new rig whilst I'm at it I guess
Old 03-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
so what was this all about?
LCD's > CRTs now?
HL source?

Black mesa source more like it, gogo!
Im sure you've seen it, but http://mods.moddb.com/4384/black-mesa-source/

Last edited by cloud_ds; 03-03-2007 at 12:33 PM.
cloud_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold
I was planning on going to a dual monitor set up, x2 19" LCD's but I haven't got any money atm...
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
the resolution is much higher than most videos can cope.

Annyoting this is, that RIGHT in the middle point is the screen overlap.

and this old crt's blacks are blues.....jeeze did we REALLY think things things wer e good? and they weigh like half a tonn.

As for BM .... shea-yeah when it's done.

IF they just did a simple texture job, and a quick model swap,they'd been finsihed by now. But noo, they have to redo the WHOLE frickin thing...AI and all.
Comendable, and looks the business, and will probably be the alltime coolest mod work.....EVER.....(remaking a WHOLE game)
Incidently they are releasing a Half life source texture map pack when their product is finished.....sheesh....

It's fun tinkering with the console in Half life Source, HDR, colour correction, turning the cube mapping on off.... (yes some of the surfaces have cube mapped reflections on, too bad they haven't added in the resources from HL2, spawn a combine or rebel and see how they fair against the node based Soldiers...muwuahahah