GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat

GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat GameOn LAN Parties.

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Major Problem for this coming LAN (LAN #85)

We just had a phone call with a bit of bad news.

The compound which stores our caravan has just had a major fire, also in the compound was our Trailer with all the LAN equipment.

We haven't been down yet (going to leave in a bit to check)
but from the reports we just got, there isn't anything left, just the metal chassis.

Now the trailer had everything LAN related in it, we have some of the servers and switches still (should be ok for them)
but we now have none of the other LAN equipment full stop.
(this includes all the kitchen equipment as well)

At this stage we are trying to work out what we can salvage, but to truthful, its looking unlikely we could pull everything together in 4 days.

There was no insurance on it, due to the fact it was a trailer storing equipment, so its going to take us a while to getting things replaced.

Its going to be helpful if we know 100% who is coming to the LAN (or planning on) as we need the extra money to replace a lot of equipment.

We will have a final answer if the LAN will go ahead by tomorrow.

Just as a side note, we had just brought the caravan and haven't got it insured for fire & theft yet (just accidental damage) so we have lost that totally (and content) as well.

Were keep you updated with whats going on, but if you can sign up (and pay) for the LAN its going to help us a lot.

If we cancel the LAN tomorrow, we will refund (100%)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 13-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Major Problem for this coming LAN (LAN #85)

Any equipment thats needed that maybe we can bring to the lan?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 13-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Also if your storing the equipment on someone else's compound then shouldn't there insurance cover it?

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 13-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Also if your storing the equipment on someone else's compound then shouldn't there insurance cover it?
This, they have a duty of care for anything stored on their property.
Old 13-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Well let us know anyhow we should all be able to chip in hardware if needed and if worst comes to worst there are pleanty of fast food places around the race course so food shouldnt be a issue

Old 13-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

Damn sorry to hear that news, if there's anything I can help with let me know.
Old 13-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Oh ******* hell, im really sorry to hear this Rash and Linda
Im fairly certain that the compount itself has to pay out on this, they would have taken insurances out for exactly this purpous themselves.

If theres anything at all that I can do to help please let me know hun. Grab me on Skype when you are around x
Old 13-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well let us know anyhow we should all be able to chip in hardware if needed and if worst comes to worst there are pleanty of fast food places around the race course so food shouldnt be a issue
This.

That's really bad news dude . Hope that it's not too stressful.
Old 13-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute

I have switches and server equipment if needed ( was mostly bringing anyway but i also have a cat 2950 if needed)
Old 13-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
rastamanblues

Barnacle

rastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nice

I'm away that weekend so wouldnt be lanning anyway. BUT I can try and get some stuff shipped up from work if needed.
Old 13-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

cat5 would be the biggest help at the moment
We just haven't got time to pick up more cable and get it made up this week

Follow me on Twitter
Old 13-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
Platinum

Tentacle

I have loads of cat5 knocking around ill dig out what I can, Got the kit to crimp cable? could buy a box and make some up?

Old 13-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute

i have my bag of cable:

It has
  • 1 x 10m
  • 1 x 5m
  • 8 x 2m
  • 1 x 3m
  • 2 x 1m
  • 3 x 1.5m
Old 13-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
Platinum

Tentacle

Got 3x 5m that I bought for a project thats now not going ahead, think I have ore 5m and some 1 - 3m around, ill have a look in a bit.

Old 13-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Thanks for everyones support so far.

We are going to run a meet up tonight on Teamspeak 3 with anyone who can help out.

Teamspeak 3
Server: london02.voipservers.net:10028
Time: 7pm

Things are changing every 10 mintures for us at the moment, if people can still keep offering stuff to us, we are making a spread sheet trying to work out what we need still.
There are things we havent even relised yet which have gone up in the fire, we dont even think we have any crimping tools left, but at the moment, we dont know.

More than anything, we need money, if people are going to come to the LAN, please sign up and pay now (if we do cancel we will refund you 100%)

We will make our mind up if the LAN is going to go ahead by tomorrow afternoon 5pm

Follow me on Twitter
Old 13-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
alsenior

Roller Mine

things i can bring
Server: 2 x Dual Core opteron 32 GB ram (maybe quads if i get around to fitting them this week
Server/Desktop: Pentium dualcore 1gb Ram 160Gb hard drive
Network Switch: Dell powerconnect 2724 24Port Gigabit Switch
Network Switch Cisco Catalyst 2950-24TS 24port 10/100 2 port 10/100/1000Base T
Network cables as listed above
Misc: toaster
Old 13-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Can bring my microserver and another atom powered server if needed to host some games off
Old 13-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #18
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

This is a picture of what’s left (including about 5 other caravans)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_5038.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	22933

The caravan you can see on the left hand side, has all the right hand side of the caravan melted.

We hope you can understand why we feel like not running the LAN, its not just this, but the **** we have taken from some of the community the last 3 year alone has put us off running LANs alone.

I have just had an operation last week, my mother is in need a lot of care needs from us and Luke is due a major operation 4 days after the LAN.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 13-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
Platinum

Tentacle

Not thinking of giving up lans are you Rash?

Old 13-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #20
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Major Problem for this coming LAN (LAN #85)

Quote:
Not thinking of giving up lans are you Rash?
I think that's not part of the plan atm, Rash is just seeing a mountain of work this week to get all the necessary stuff together. I've reassured him that we can put this LAN together, but unless some more sign asap It's gonna be running at a loss as things stand with the unforeseen outlay on some of the replacement hardware.

What would be of the most help looking at the stuff offered already would be:

More cat5 cables (of 5m+ lengths).
One 50m cat5 cable.
A fridge (of all things !!)

And to reiterate -

IF YOU ARE COMING NEXT WEEKEND PLEASE, PLEASE SIGN.

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Closed Thread