GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 06-04-2001, 02:13 PM   #1
Mayo

Manhack

Mayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enough
Post Possible solution to FPS prob with T2

Having just read probubly the longest post ever over at Tribelwars forums it looks like the somone has come up with a possible solution.
Tribes 2 uses Dx 8.a Someone tried getting rid of 8a and reverted back to 8.

This increased his FPS no end.

Lets hope the developers take a look into this.
Also on the same note. 3DFX users can use the WickedGL driver but it will cause some problems.
No Health/Energy Bar and you loose the Triangles over the players heads.

Lets hope that Wicked can come up with a fix as well as these drivers increase FPS as well.

Soapy Girls!!!!!!
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 02:17 PM   #2
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
you're obsessed m8!

oh.. erm, my threads you say? *cough* i didnt post them, "Alter-FusioN" did, an evil, Tribes2 obsessed peon..
Old 06-04-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
Helta

Manhack

Helta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enough
I mean, it's not as if the vehicles in tribes 2 compare in any way to those in counter-strike
*wheese*
Old 06-04-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
Mayo

Manhack

Mayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Helta:
I mean, it's not as if the vehicles in tribes 2 compare in any way to those in counter-strike
*wheese*
???????

/me is not intrested in Tribes 2 in any way.
What is T2 BTW

Soapy Girls!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 03:48 PM   #5
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
oh god, the CS APC/Vehicles are NO COMPARISON to the T2 ones.. the T2 ones got realistic physics and stuff behind em..

unlike the APC which BOUNCES off stuff
Old 06-04-2001, 03:54 PM   #6
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
At least the T2 vehicles hover by default,

In CS it just requires flukey driving

Colio

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 06:19 PM   #7
Helta

Manhack

Helta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enough
My point exactly, I was trying to be sarcastic, hence the wheese
I've yet to see a T2 Vehicle get stuck within' a rock
Old 06-04-2001, 11:15 PM   #8
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
Just nicked this from Forums...

System specs: CPU 1 ghz P3 Video Geforce 2 GTS 64 megs RAM 384 megs Sound: SB live Connection: DSL 1 meg down 128k up
23-50 fps...

now thats ****ed up!
Old 08-04-2001, 12:20 PM   #9
Jolt

Human Grunt

Jolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enough
Back on topic, found something on Tribalwars that says its DX aswell, they say that if you have a SBLive theres a kinda fix too:

Quote:
Well, to make a long story short, after reading all the posts in various forums about people's performance, I did some research. I found the problem with the fps bug lies in DirectX, and the sound card. Particularly the SBLive. Anyway, all you have to do to fix it is go to the DirectX diagnostic program on your computer..(A shortcut to it should be under c:\Program Files\DirectX\setup)

Once you start this program, go to the sound tab, and check your hardware acceleration. I turned mine down just 1 notch, and got a boost from a solid 20 fps to 50 fps. I am only running a PIII 600. Try it out, and let me know!
Tbh tho, I personally think the best solution is to sack of DX altogether. I mean if I'm wrong one of you techies correct me but Win2k don't use DX at all does it? Well that could explain why in 98se I was getting 70fps indoors and dropping to 10fps outdoor, but when I swapped to 2k I was getting over 100fps indoors and 70 fps outdoors(drops to about 50 with alot of action on the screen).
Jolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 09:50 AM   #10
Mayo

Manhack

Heheh thats why I just spent Saturday night reformatting my whole system.
1 HD is now Win2k
2 HD is now Win98SE
God I forgot how fast 98 is to boot compared to 2k lol.

Anyone noticed that it is due to be released on
FRIDAY 13th Bad Oman or what

Soapy Girls!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2001, 12:59 PM   #11
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
Man im actually getting quite exited about T2 coming out now after hereing all u guys gibbering about it for so long

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 01:31 PM   #12
Codpiece

Fast Zombie

Codpiece is an unknown quantity at this point
What i thought helped was turning all the textures down accept for Shape and Building. upped mine to about 20-40 fps which is alright on my sys and it looks alright too

Also turning all the fancy sound down too should help a bit.
"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."
- Abraham Lincoln
Codpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 07:43 PM   #13
Glyndwr

Manhack

Glyndwr is an unknown quantity at this point
How do u get the fps?

G.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:10 PM   #14
Helta

Manhack

show("$fps::real"); in the console m8

Bit diffucult to remember, so copy and paste it...
Old 09-04-2001, 09:16 PM   #15
Vertigo

Manhack

Vertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished road
no probs yet with fps
Dual P3 800
512Mb RAM
Raid 0
Asus GF2 GTS DDR
Win2k
Dx 8.0a

Steady 60 fps all detial full, 1280 x whatever it is.
Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote