GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 19-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute
Case Fan Help (The FailComp Remake)

Tommorrow I am ordering my new case, the Antec 902 but I shall also be ordering some other bits with it. I want the computer to look good as well as perform well and I need some help doing so.

The case itself comes with:

- 1 rear 120 x 25mm TriCool™ blue LED exhaust fan
- 1 top 200 x 30mm “Big Boy” TriCool™ blue LED exhaust fan
- 2 front 120 x 25mm special black blue LED intake fans with front speed control

As well as room for an optional:

- 1 side (Optional) 120 x 25mm fan mount
- 1 middle (Optional) 120mm fan mount

This is all well and good, but I don't want blue fans. I would like red ones. I have been looking in a few places and I am having a bit of trouble so I am asking for some help.

Please could you help me find:

5x 120mm Red LED Fans
1x 200mm RED LED Fan

Here is the case review. Thanks for the help

-TGK
Old 19-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Trepkkos

Manhack

Trepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to all
Re: Case Fan Help (The FailComp Remake)

i dont like his accent
Trepkkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Any preference on the make of fans and noise level etc also budget all in all.
Are you good with electrics - ie soldering (I ask as you cud diy a fan maybe, one i have here by me, you can easily access the led and no doubt change it)
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

How much is the case by the way?
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

I am not too good with the whole soldering malarkey as I don't have one, although I do know how...

I don't really have a make, noise or price preference, but I would go more on Price than noise

The case is 99 from EBuyer
Old 19-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Judging by ebay your looking at around 8 quid inc p+p for the 120's.
Ebuyer do them but at a shocking price, overclockers about 12quid on the 120's.

Tbf google the search string and have a look at the companies selling them at the prices and go with what you feel comfortable with. Just dont, once you get them install them the wrong way around

Sorry i can not be more specific
Old 19-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
TGK

Civil Protection

Really appreciate the help there Intox. Just looking at some Antec ones themselves. I have found them on morecomputers.com at 12.55each. Making nearly 50 on fans. If you can find a better price with Saturday delivery, then please don't hesitate to show

http://www.morecomputers.com/extra.a...+120MM+RED+LED

Antec TriCool Red Fan - 120mm

//Edit

Just seen on Ginger6 (ha ha) the same fans for 8.19 each

Last edited by TGK; 19-03-2009 at 09:57 PM.
TGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

I can see the credit crunch isn't hitting you that hard.
Old 19-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
TGK

Civil Protection

Found a 200mm fan from Coolermaster.

http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop/prod...roducts_id=471

The picture does it no justice, so here is a better one

19.95 Euros, which is quite literally 20

//Edit

They sell it in the NL shop, but not the British one

Last edited by TGK; 19-03-2009 at 10:14 PM.
TGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

You do realise it would probably be cheaper and easier to just buy new blue kit to match, rather then replacing the fans?
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
Snoozer
Banned

or spend 40 quid on a case with decent fans and buy some better components...?
Old 19-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
TGK

Civil Protection

Only thing is, I have a thing for Red LEDs. The screen I have (T220) has a red trim. I have a red Razer Diamondback, a Saitek II with Red backlit keys.

I think I will get the case for the time being, and see what it looks like in blue. If I like it, I will keep the lights, if not, I will change them. Saves money that way
Old 19-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

If you went with Intox advice about changing the LEDs, thats what...

5 fans, avg 3 LEDs each? so thats 15 LEDs.

15 x 4p = 60p

Bit cheaper then replacing the fans, maybe worth a look in for a try, if you about to put down the dough on the new ones with red lights in.

Alternatively, you could sell the old ones on eBay?
Old 20-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #14
TGK

Civil Protection

I could indeed do both ideas

Is there any simple way of changing the LEDs (without me c0cking it up)?
Old 20-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #15
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerKid View Post
I could indeed do both ideas

Is there any simple way of changing the LEDs (without me c0cking it up)?
Grovel to someone good that could do it for you?
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #16
TGK

Civil Protection

Hmm... not a bad idea Neo.

Come to think of it, my step-dad is an engineer.

Rofl I fail at pointing out the obvious.
Old 20-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #17
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

i fail at reading

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
TGK

Civil Protection

Case ordered with 3 LED molex lights (for extra lighty goodness), 116.50 from Ebuyer.
Old 21-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #19
TGK

Civil Protection

Win! Case and lights arrived this morning at half seven. Ebuyer wins at next day delivery

Will post some pics when I have set it all up
Old 21-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt