GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > First Person Shooter

Old 14-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Prey 2 Is Confirmed For 2012 Release

Prey 2 Is Confirmed For 2012 Release

Visit here to read more

Bethesda today announced that Prey 2, the sequel to the popular 2006 game, is scheduled for release in 2012 and will be available for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows. First details on the game will be revealed in the May issue of PSM3.

......Read More

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prey 2 Is Confirmed For 2012 Release

Quite surprising, but good news. I really enjoyed the first.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
evilgiraffeman

Manhack

evilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really nice

I am surprised at this news! I had given up all hope of seeing a follow-up to the original, which I really enjoyed (the lead character's annoying potty mouth aside). I wonder if you'll be able to die in this game, or whether they will still use the weird spirit trap thing again. The original was pretty good overall and I loved the acid shotgun. The only thing I would be worried about would be the multiplayer, seemed a bit tagged-on and I don't think it will be necessary in the sequel with so much competition out there.
evilgiraffeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Prey is, hands down, my favorite shoot 'em up of all time. It was immersive, ground-breaking (Portal, anyone?) and fun. The highlight for me was the introduction - I spent about an hour just pratting about in the bar, interacting with everything I could.

The swearing I kinda liked; Tommy reacted basically exactly the same way I would if an alien abducted me!

The spirit trap thing was pretty annoying, but then if it was fun dying wouldn't be something you'd try to avoid at all, so I'm fine with that. The guns may not have been hugely varied, but then anybody who plays a shoot 'em up and claims to use every single gun it provides without sticking to a few key weapons is flat out lying (even in Prey I had no use for a couple of the weapons). Regarding multiplayer, I sadly picked this game up extremely late (as in, 2010 lol) so the online play was dead and buried a long time ago, but I can imagine they'd plonk some kind of multiplayer on. After all, I know people who wouldn't even rent a game that didn't have online play.

The only thing I hope for in the sequel is the same level of immersion the bar offered at the start of the first game, but for the entire game. I'd like to be able to blindly interact with alien hardware, even if it does result in people dying (something that was done once in the first game).

TL;DR - I am pant-stainingly excited about this.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

There better be an intro as ******* awesome as the first, though.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG WANT PLX.

I never really enjoyed playing through Prey when I first got it, then I picked it up for about 3 quid for the Xbox, played it start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's quite some teaser they've got there and I'm hoping that the epic continues.
Old 17-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Going to have to dig out the first game, don't think I ever got round to finishing it.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote