GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 26-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know any WWII veterans

Hi everyone

Do you have any family or friends who was WWII veterans

Even looking for people Stories remember the war (my mother used to tell me stories how they hid under the dinning table when air raids took place)

We would like to interview them, or tell their story of something they remember from the war in one of our magazines.

Please get in touch with me on here by Private message or post a reply in here for my details.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
Foulerfire

Barnacle

Foulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enoughFoulerfire will become famous soon enough
Re: Does anyone know any WWII veterans

I remember my Oma telling me she had to hide under a train during an air raid when she was escaping East Prussia. From what I remember it was actually quite the journey for her. Would that kind of story be of interest?
Foulerfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulerfire View Post
I remember my Oma telling me she had to hide under a train during an air raid when she was escaping East Prussia. From what I remember it was actually quite the journey for her. Would that kind of story be of interest?
Yes, really interested in this soft of things as well, we want to try and show people it was bad all around.

If you can get this story that would be really great.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
Lady Annieloy

Baby Headcrab

Lady Annieloy is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that are alive, my grandmas brother got lost in the WW2, the don't really know what happened. Listed as missing, I only know the things I've heard about it from my grandma. Stuff like why he did join the Germans and what happened after that. The Germans fooled them, promised them to fight for Finland but the made them fight on another part of the Eastern front. My grandmas family comes from Norway and lived there still do.
Because of the war my grandmother can't eat Sill a fish we eat, the had to eat that and raw potato's. All food was controlled by the Germans and the hade to get as much Nutritional the could in the food so that's way the eat it raw. The couldn't eat much so this was necessary to survive. My grandma used to tell me stories like this as bedtime stories when grow up, so I should know my past. Here brother was 20 when he disappeared.