GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 14-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
Windows 7 error

I've put this under hardware because i think it's a Ram issue.

I have a mini pc that i only use for xbmc and it has windows 7 x64 on (nothing else). When i close the computer down and try to start it back up i get the windows 7 cannot start because of errors issue.

Do you think this is because of a ram issue? When shutting down do you think it's messing something up? Also the HD is new

Whats the name of a good ram checker?
Old 14-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Windows 7 error

memtest86 is the standard tester iirc. I think it's even included on Windows 7 disks.

Edit: Just looked on mine and in the boot folder of the CD there is memtest.exe which should be memtest86.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
Re: Windows 7 error

I think i have found the issue. It's down to the motherboard :s

When i unplug the pc for 2 days plug it back in and turn it on straight away windows messes up.

put if i plug it in and leave it for 1 hour its ok :s