GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Game Servers > Teamfortress 2 Servers

Teamfortress 2 Servers For any Questions/Query’s that is related to GameOn’s TF 2 Servers (If its not related to our server please use TF forum below)

Old 11-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
2Forts is going to be removed

i will get it a last try tonight
but its always killing the server off (people leaving)
its a shame, such a classic map but we have to move with the times

If we have the same problems tonight,
it will be removed this weekend

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about
You going to be removing it from 1 and 2?

I think the problem is that the people who really like it are going to be on 2Fort only servers, as Jolts always seems to be full
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
its already removed from 1
its only left on 2 at the moment
playing one map over and over never lets you experience the game IMO
Its just a shame that people wont give maps chance

Server 1 has all control point maps on it at the moment, which has been going down really well

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
Not a particular fan of 2fort but I can play it every once in a while. I think all these single map 24/7 servers are killing maps for people. Nothing worse than playing 4 hours worth of 2fort because your friends are, switching to a rotation server and coming across 2fort AGAIN for another half hour
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
I wouldn't like to see it go.

I know we all have our most/least favourite maps, but I would rather see Granary removed I usually use that as an excuse to leave, although now that its only one round its bareable.

What would you replace it with? "Well" hasn't featured for ages so is that worth a try? I dunno, just have such fond memories of building sg's in their intel room. I was so proud of our teams 2-way teleportation from one intel room to the other
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
Gardakk

Scanner

Gardakk is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with POB here, I think we've had some great games on 2fort in the last couple of days and would hate to see it go.

Granary is probably the one I would vote for but again, as POB said, It's quite alright now with only 1 round. Well is quite good, I used to hate Hydro but now think it's. Gravel Pit is alright and Dustbowl is probably my favourite atm.

The thing that makes people leave, I think, is when the teams become too unbalanced, which happens quite often actually. Sollution? Dunno... get more regulars so that we fill up two teams? Divide ourselves between the two teams? It's difficult since most of us use teamspeak or similar and really want to be on the same team to fully utilise it.
Gardakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardakk View Post
The thing that makes people leave, I think, is when the teams become too unbalanced, which happens quite often actually.
I think your spot on there. Countless times in the last few days has this happened. I tend to leave the server in a huff, and return five minutes later to find its empty. It's not fun being on a side pwning or being pwned tbh...

Again yes the solution for this is hard to find. We all like to play alongside each other, and I try to balance it up by changing teams, but as your all probably agree I'm not really the person to balance a losing side
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
2bad4u

Baby Headcrab

2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough
As POB and Gradakk is saying 2fort is fun and granery is not the best map now. I rather like Turbine, it's a good suppliment for 2fort if we are going to remove it.
2bad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #9
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as there is currently only 6 maps out there it makes me laugh that people wont play them all.

Mind you when I play cs I did play a hell of lot of office but I was happy to play other maps.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

well the good news is that 2forts kept the server busy all weekend
so it wont be coming off for now

Granary doesnt normally empty the server but that's might be cause its on after 2forts (at which time its already empty)

I agree, i will remove Granary today and see if that changes anything

btw Turbine is running on server1 at the moment

Follow me on Twitter
Old 14-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
I think when you get a lot of GO people on one team, everyone sort of knows who does what and in general it's a better team which makes it hard for a lot of randoms on the server. They leave after a short while and then the mass exodus begins.

I believe that the maps themselves aren't the issue. It's more a case of getting people involved and getting the Joe Publics involved (such as blaming Beanz, even though they don't know why.)

Maybe on certain maps or nights, split up and by mixing it up and spreading the love, it'll make people want to play on the server because it's fun and they had a great time on their last visit to the GO server - and maybe even come to a LAN...
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
I gots me TF2 installed now ready for lan and such.

I assume Server 1 is the place to be as Server 2 was the only one I could find in a hurry last night and it was empty.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
Mind you when I play cs I did play a hell of lot of office but I was happy to play other maps.
Even de_tides :O

On the TF2 note why not make it so you have to auto assign...
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
Blak

Human Grunt

Blak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond repute
Beause iirc auto assign always puts you on blue if the teams are even so you'd probably still be able to blag your team if you cared that much.
Old 14-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #15
2bad4u

Baby Headcrab

2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
On the TF2 note why not make it so you have to auto assign...
This I think is a good ide too try out atleast. I also think Sudden death only with melee is fun.
2bad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Teddy Slayer

Snark

Teddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enoughTeddy Slayer will become famous soon enough
Melee only SD is funny but it means I can't kill the entire other team solo as a spy.

Another thing what do you people have against granary, I love that map.
Teddy Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Slayer View Post
Another thing what do you people have against granary

The little bits get stuck in my dentures...
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #18
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
The little bits get stuck in my dentures...
Like pubes?
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #19
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about
I actually quite like all the maps ;D
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #20
Anoebis.be

Scanner

Anoebis.be is on a distinguished roadAnoebis.be is on a distinguished roadAnoebis.be is on a distinguished roadAnoebis.be is on a distinguished roadAnoebis.be is on a distinguished roadAnoebis.be is on a distinguished roadAnoebis.be is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
You going to be removing it from 1 and 2?

I think the problem is that the people who really like it are going to be on 2Fort only servers, as Jolts always seems to be full
Have to agree on that, I play on a 2Fort only server because they are most of the time full with people who only play 2Fort.

I play 2fort because I find it the best map (and its the only one I know how to play).
Anoebis.be is offline   Reply With Quote