GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Parenting

Parenting GameGrin Parents - For talk about family life.

Old 20-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
CORPSE-MAKER

Manhack

CORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to behold
hax needed tbh

Alright folks...

Looks like I'll be frequenting this forum a bit in the future.

I've just found out that my girlfriend is pregnant and expecting my little one

So.... apart from practising all nighters now and learning to cope with noise like plat screaming all the time have you got any other tips and tricks all us n00bs to fatherhood are going to need?
Old 20-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hax needed tbh

Well done mate, looks like your balls do work after all

Congrats

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute

congrats mate welcome to the best club going
Old 20-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats m8

to be honest with you, parenting is one of them things that "just comes to you"
love, hugs, kiss and attention
Some of the worst behave kids i have ever dealt with are normally ignored by their parents.

just try to avoid spoiling them (which is really hard with the 1st one)

You will at time panic, thinking "am i doing this wrong"
the answer is, normally, "no"
you learn the same way they do, your just learning something different

good luck man, i am sure your make a fab dad

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
XPurple-PoisonX

Human Grunt
Forum Volunteer

XPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really nice

Congratz to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
looks like your balls do work after all
Yours not so much

Last edited by XPurple-PoisonX; 20-10-2008 at 08:50 PM.
XPurple-PoisonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Congrats man!
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Congratulations m8y!
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold

Congrats

Rashers on the money.. Its a learning curve for all 3 of you..

P.S.
Look after your girlfriends every need, shes going to be more tired than you can ever imagine

P.P.S.
Later down the line, when people ask what you need, just answer Bibs.. Never have too many bibs
Old 20-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Congrats

Rashers on the money.. Its a learning curve for all 3 of you..

P.S.
Look after your girlfriends every need, shes going to be more tired than you can ever imagine

P.P.S.
Later down the line, when people ask what you need, just answer Bibs.. Never have too many bibs
some good advice so far.

Vale's spot on the money. My adage during Luca's first few months

I look after my wife, she looks after the baby.

Oh, congrats..

my best 3 pieces of advice I can offer are these

1) Keep your baby's name between you and your girlfriend. People are too willing to give their "opinion" on your babies name, and can sway your opinion...its hard but it does help keep the aggro down.

2) Plan to spend those 2 first weeks of your babies life with just you, your wife and your baby. The problem with family (as well intended as it is) is that they can disrupt your routine (advice 3). Your heads are gonna be truly up your ass during those first few days and the less distractions you have the better. If family DO insist on coming round, or you want them, dont be afraid to ask for help with things other than the baby. Ask them to cook a meal or do some ironing, doing things that will help. Those first two weeks are important for you two to bond with your baby.

3) Try to establish a routine for your baby. We're not talking army style at 6.00 do this, 6.35 do this...we're talking rough. This helps get your baby into a familiar rhythm and helps them and helps you because you can somewhat know what comes when. I mean for us, bottle times were pretty standard, but at roughly 6 oclock we bathed Luca and hten put him in bed...15 months on this routine has not changed and he's really comfortable with it, within 2 months he was in his own room and at 3 months was sleeping the full night.

This was advice given to us by a midwife we hold in high regard....and as payment we pass this advice on to all soon to be parents.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute

Grats man
Old 21-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

grats ^^
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Aww congrats thats awesome!

Im not a parent myself so i cant offer you any advice really, just make sur you look after your misses as she is going to be tired and teasy for most of the pregnancy!
Angelfromabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #13
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPSE-MAKER View Post
Alright folks...

Looks like I'll be frequenting this forum a bit in the future.
btw..

if you have a girl, we can pretty much kit you out with everything you'll need

boy or girl we can send a ton of stuff your way..
Old 25-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #14
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
btw..

if you have a girl, we can pretty much kit you out with everything you'll need

boy or girl we can send a ton of stuff your way..
Hey, just a friendly thought. As proud as some people like to think they are...second hand baby stuff is a bloody godsend.

Im a proud person, and typically dont buy anything second hand....but when it came to Luca, christ on a bike, I accepted everything on offer, partly because its so damn expensive, but also the clothes etc are usually only worn about a month then they are too small.

likewise if its a boy...let us know.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 26-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest is pretty much entirely in her sister's hand-me-down. A lot of the stuff has not even been worn though.

We quite lucky because Jess was born in May and Lotte born in October. People bought warm clothes for Jess that she never wore over the summer and come winter was too big so Lotte wore those for her first Winter.

Toys etc... what's the point of buying more when we kept all of Jess's baby toys knowing another would come along one day.

When they are older Ill stop the hand-me-downs. I have a 2 year older brother so i know how frustrating it can be to see your brother in a shiny new coat / trainers every few months and all I got was the old ones that were usually not only too small for him, but also worn out
Old 26-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #16
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Congratulations man!

As far as hax go, if you put velcro on the walls you could probably make the babies clothes stick to it.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
CORPSE-MAKER

Manhack

CORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the comments

It's been a bit up and down recently as she's not been that well and it got to the point yesterday where the doctors were worried about her getting dehydrated a LOT and were thinking of taking her in to hospital for IV feeds to replace lost fluids.

Luckly, that threat subsided late last night once the tablets they've given her worked and she's now back eating and drinking in a more healthy manner.
Old 26-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #18
Colio

Garg

Glad to hear things ar eback on track.

out of interest, how far along is your g/f?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
CORPSE-MAKER

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio View Post
out of interest, how far along is your g/f?
The little one is due around the first week of June.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
Colio

Garg

that took some thought didnt it corpse

summer baby...nice.

keeping that thought, summer time, long days, light mornings light evening.

If you value your sleep may I advise buying a blackout blind for your nursery. Essentially keeps the nursery dark even in blazing sun (has the added bonus of keeping the room "cooler")