GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > MMO

Old 17-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough
The secret world

Anyone in the beta for this one. I would like too hear some feedback on this if possible. Was thinking Tera but they added a store on the game even though its a p2p, so that sorta tells me they reckon its going to go F2P. But the secret world does have that HP Lovecraft lore and look about it.
Too finish the ramble any one in the beta.
Demonjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The secret world

I'm just about to start downloading it for this weekends beta.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Ohhh. I saw this previewed ages ago but then heard nothing more about it. Beta you say? When's RD pencilled in for?
Old 17-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about release, but if you can find somewhere to nab a beta key, it's this Friday to Sunday. There's a fair few places handing away keys so may be worth a look-see if you're interested.
Old 17-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough

Sweet downloading the beta client now. I got mine from gamespot if anyone needs one.
Old 17-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Demonjock

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
Ohhh. I saw this previewed ages ago but then heard nothing more about it. Beta you say? When's RD pencilled in for?
19th June there is a ton of extra crap you can buy with the game as an add on like lifetime membership etc etc but its buy now at 39.99
Old 18-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Don't think I'll get much PC time this weekend so will skip the beta. 19 June is a good RD - it's my birthday. If the feedback from the beta is good I might start dropping some 'subtle' hints.
Old 18-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

I met the guys making this at Gamescom 2 years ago now and they were just full of dedication to make it a really great game. From the limited stuff I saw back then it did look pretty interesting. Im not in the market for another MMO right now (damn you WoW sapping all my time) but if a trial edition comes out, id love to try it.
Old 20-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Ewok

Human Grunt

Well, I've pre-ordered this now based on very scant knowledge. It will be my first proper MMO game so it better be good!
Old 20-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
Dead Alive

Antlion

I tried it on the Friday, crashed on me three times and other than having a VERY interesting setting and some good lore scattered about for me to lap up, the gameplay itself was dull, even for an MMO, I thought.
Old 20-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
Demonjock

Manhack

Never got on the beta as the password system just blew up in my face all weekend. You would imagine funcom might have some kind of idea on how to resolve this problem
Old 20-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Ewok

Human Grunt

Hmm, if it is dull I suppose it will teach me not to be so impulsive. Still holding out hope though as I love the sound of the world and the lore behind it.
Old 20-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Dead Alive

Antlion

The story, world and lore is fantastic from the little I saw, but the gameplay itself isn't enough to make me want to buy it. Shame, though.

If you're unsure about it I'm sure there'll be a few thousand YouTube videos up now showing the combat.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
Demonjock

Manhack

From what ive heard is that the more your progress the more you unlock better combo`s ( not sure combos is the best way to say it but ) so it gets more fun is the point im trying to make. But i guess a good old skim through youtube should do it.
Old 21-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Ewok

Human Grunt

Well I did get a quick play on the Beta in the end - just the intro mission bit where you play with the shotgun then the weapons training room.

Seemed alright to me - but I have no basis for comparison. I liked the feel of the assault rifle in the training room and purchased the healer power you could unlock for use with it.
Old 22-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
Demonjock

Manhack

I think in right in saying that this combat system is different from all the others out there atm. I could be wrong but i did read that on the offical website. But as a new MMO gamer it wouldnt be a bad thing to do.... good story line/ Lore is fantastic as it could lead the creative writers anywhere and to anything. If they even goto the sunken temple of new england i will shoot my man juice all over the pre order. But from what ive seen of the boss fights it looks all good, and i will be having some of that.
Old 22-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
Dead Alive

Antlion

It may be worth mentioning I'm a massive Lovecraft fan, and a lot of influence is clear in the story/quests/design. There's a quest early on that sounds like it's ripped directly from Shadow Over Innsmouth (which takes place in an area called Kingsmouth). That's why it was so easy for me to get into the lore behind it all.

If I enjoyed the actual gameplay itself I'd be on this like a shot.
Old 22-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Great story, great atmopshere, but unfortunately nothing else. As far as an actual mmo the gameplay and content just isnt there, personally I get the feeling its been cut short and put into a releasable state, but with EA having a hand in things it doesnt surprise me.

To address the Tera comment, I don't see it going F2P anytime in the near future, its a very solid release, one of the best in recent times, and they know they have a niche product and are happy with that market. The shop itself is purely cosmetics, no different than several other P2P games.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
Ewok

Human Grunt

I'm also a big Lovecraft fan which is why this tempted me.

Apparently there is a lot on offer that I didn't get to experience in the beta, such as higher tier powers and the ability to combine weapon/magic styles.

As an MMO noob I'm not in the position to make comparisons to other systems but the general consesus seems unfavourable.

I hope to immerse myself in the story and lore and just hope the gameplay doesn't harm the game to the extent the community is substantially reduced.
Old 23-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
Dead Alive

Antlion

If anyone's a fan of his and still wants another look at this, Totalbiscuit has just said on Twitter he'll be doing a live stream of it later on today. Could be a decent chance to see it in action with more players, as whenever he streams anything multiplayer the games get mysteriously more populated around him...