GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > First Person Shooter > Borderlands

Borderlands Show off your loot or want to group up for a game.

Old 30-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Secret Armoury of General Knoxx

Is there some trick I am missing here because I am getting pwn'd hard.
I have only got as far as the first checkpoint and getting destroyed.
Theres about 4 lancers all with shock weapons that take my shields out in 1 hit, then I am down in a few more hits.
Nothing I do seems to be able to get me past them? there taking a crazy amount of bullets to take down.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Secret Armoury of General Knoxx

No, that seems about the same as my experience with that pack. I lost interest in the game pretty much as soon as the patch that came with it was installed. I had a level 50 Mordechai with some very nice weaponry and I couldn't even take down one of those flying dustbins at the beginning of the level.
Old 31-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Yea same, I shoot it and nothing, barely dents it, I have been told I need to level up but I am level 49 as it is, Might give Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot a go to level up a bit now that I have unlocked the higher level cap and come back to Knoxx.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 31-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Flarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the rough

use monster truck, boost all the way through while firing rockets, worked for me, in fact completed it last night and im lvl 43, but the dlc does feel like a chore after a while with all the fuckin driving. I hope they bring back the fast travel system in the new dlc.
Flarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Monster trucks dont go up ladders and across bridges

Old 31-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Flarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the rough

oh you talking about the checkpoints, well destroy the things from the car before you get out. you can destoy the turret bots before they leave their road side station, usually only takes one hit, as for the lancers i always jus turbo'd away. then make sure your using weapons with good elemental damage against the soldiers. fire and caustic we're the only 2 i used.
Old 31-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
Platinum

Tentacle

One hit from the rockets on the sentrys takes like 10% sheild off them, if I hang around to long they gang up and I get stuffed, how the hell are you taking them out with one shot??

Old 31-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

What's your class?

I had Mordecai with uber-sexy equips. Max out Bloodwing's skills (particularly the damage, cooldown, and number of attacks) and equip with Corrosive. Deploy him and focus on one enemy at a time (that way if you do get knocked out you can get a fairly easy Second Wind). Use Combat Rifles and SMGs over anything else, if only because you're more likely to actually hit the little b*****ds.

For the Lance guards themselves, use Transfusion Grenades from a distance if you're having a really hard time - once they explode they automatically attack nearby enemies so you can start picking off those that get weakened the most. Focus for their heads and for the packs on their backs (if they're Badass) - if you shoot the packs enough they explode, causing an instant kill and also considerable damage to everything around them.

If you're still having trouble, drop down to Playthrough 1 for a bit, go Co-op, and try find a decent shield
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Platinum

Tentacle

Dunno what artefact I have enabled, if its not corrosive it might help me to change it.
Im a soldier, so got my turret fully upgraded.

Current shield has 1154 strength.

Old 31-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #10
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
One hit from the rockets on the sentrys takes like 10% sheild off them, if I hang around to long they gang up and I get stuffed, how the hell are you taking them out with one shot??
monster fires 3 homing rockets in one go
Old 31-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
Platinum

Tentacle

Yea I know, still only takes 10% shield off em though

Old 31-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

well **** knows then. but i found the whole dlc pretty easy, and im level 43, =/
Old 01-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

TBH even if the difficulty level had remained the same I probably would have lost interest in the game then anyway due to the way they nerfed the weapon caches.

Whereas you'd occasionally find chests with some epic gear in (on the roof in the town for instance) now everything you find is waaaay lower than anything you've already got and enemies only seem to drop low level gear too.

One of the best bits of the game was finding really cool weapons but if everything you find just bounces off a baby skag there's no excitement left in opening the boxes.

I guess they could repatch it to correct this (they may already have done so but I wouldn't know) but it's too late. I've moved on

I might reload the game and play it through again without loading that last patch but it'd only be for a casual fuckabout.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #14
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Whereas you'd occasionally find chests with some epic gear in (on the roof in the town for instance) now everything you find is waaaay lower than anything you've already got and enemies only seem to drop low level gear too.
this, ive only got one new gun from the whole dlc, and thats only a 5 damage points on an assualt rifle i allready had.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

On Playthrough 2 I found a tonne of better gear, but that is one of my predominant complaints about the game - everything ends up being sold immediately which does take away from the fun a little. They need more weapon variety, not just more weapons.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
Platinum

Tentacle

Finding the Underdome just as hard, thinking respecing my skill points will help a lot, needs everything on health regen for that and everything on bullet power for the armoury.

If you want good weapons just farm the dev chest for a bit.