GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Playstation

Playstation Covers discussions on anything Playstation related.

Old 22-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
LittleBigPlanet - Out next month

since the dawn of the PS3 release, this game along with Home have two of the most touted titles to be released.

Up until a note I spotted on GameSpot, I never followed the hype behind this. I rarely do because games that offer a lot of hype, often turn out to be vapourware (Duke forever) or total turd (Daikatana anyone..LAWL)..

Anyway, the news was that this was getting ready for a UK release on the 24th October.

So I decided to dig into this a little. I must say im now quite excited about this game.

Im not gonna bore you with the details, you are all somewhat sentient beings, go and trawl the interweb for your own info.

All I can say is, I think a pre-order will be on the cards and now doubt I'll be running around the CDC-inspired-usercreated levels on the 25th October.

LOL

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LittleBigPlanet - Out next month

guess it'll be me and the 6 other PS3 owners in the world to be playing this then

Solidarity brothers.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 25-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

There website breaks my browser, whats it about?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
Colio

Garg

honestly..I have no idea.

this link http://www.armchairempire.com/Previe...ebigplanet.htm seems better placed to describe it than I can.

alternatively you can go to www.mediamolecule.com for more info

Old 25-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Im actually liking the look of this, if i can convince some friends to get it then maybe i shall be having a bash !!

The level editor and the multiplayer aspect is what im looking forward to
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNTOXiCATiON View Post
if i can convince some friends to get it then maybe i shall be having a bash !!
/waves

Old 25-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

That looks absolutely incredible! Love the concept, kinda like a modernised Lemmings.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #8
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Best thing about it, UK developers.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
Best thing about it, UK developers.
with tech support in haranbanjaraba (probably)

Old 25-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
That looks absolutely incredible! Love the concept, kinda like a modernised Lemmings.
I dont think thats a bad synopsis.

Instead of an army of lemming with different skills, its just you, your mates and your toolboxes.

One thing I was excited to hear about whilst watching a promo interview thingy...was that say you design a level featuring a moving tank or something...

if you come across a level where your tank would be useful to help you progress, apparently you can load it into that level for use.

that sort of diversity sounds absolutely fascinating.

The visuals looks pretty slick, not in a realistic sense, but suiting the style of the game.

The whole, play, create, share ethos really appeals to me and the way in which the game is being designed with the create option being an integral and easy part is quite unique...similar in ways to spore....

with that Im sure will be the whole c*ck based images and levels.

But for example if someone took the time to take shots of the uttoxeter LAN room moving from left to right, you could incorporate those as a background to a level, with lan based items strewn all over your level..

hmmm, gonna have to write that one down.

Old 25-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Where you have to move from one table to the next using a series of complex bridges, and create a LAN burger to move a hungry LANner out of the way to advance?
Old 25-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Where you have to move from one table to the next using a series of complex Cat5 runs, and create a LAN burger to move a hungry LANner out of the way to advance?
swing precariously above a cup of Juice(tm).

place a few cups around a sleeping body....

change screen display to say "I bum boyz"

I think we're onto a winner here.

Old 25-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Go under a hairy mans legs without touching his swinging sack of death?

Avoid TGK's burning remains of a computer?

'Cos a thread isn't a thread without a mention of Ginge's PC)
Old 20-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #14
Colio

Garg

F***socks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7679151.stm

LittleBigJihad - Extremist Edition will be out shortly after the 24th.

Old 28-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
Colio

Garg

Well I finally got impatient.

pre-order placed with Asda of all places.

I mean 15 off the full rrp aint nothing to scoff at with free delivery.

I await the sack-one.

Old 28-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #16
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, 15 of retail? Think on my way home from selling my 360 tomorrow, I might swing by Asda then.

I can't wait for this, I got in on the Beta and it was great fun!
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #17
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
Wow, 15 of retail? Think on my way home from selling my 360 tomorrow, I might swing by Asda then.

I can't wait for this, I got in on the Beta and it was great fun!
pre-order only at the moment, not here until 5th nov.

Old 28-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, although we should have it.

Stupid trying to be wholesome non-racist Sack Boy!
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #19
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Friend in the US has been on this all day, absolutely loving it, certainly sounds like one to be getting.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #20
Colio

Garg

yeah, its a bit miffing how a game by a UK developer gets launched here last.

but hey ho..

roll on thursday 5th