GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 06-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
CORPSE-MAKER

Manhack

CORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Manchester to get ID Cards first!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8035002.stm

It appears Manchester is going to be the first place that the ID cards are going to launched.

Is this just another stealth tax on us? Is it a good idea? Is it the government getting their own back after the controversial congestion charge plan from last year?

I personally don't see the point. I've got a driving license, I've got a passport, what more official ID do I need?

Not only will police be able to read the RFID from the ID card, but immigration officers, job centre and other public service staff will all eventually be issued with scanners enabling them to check a person's identity. You will also be able to use ID cards in shops, banks, pubs and other businesses.

Hmmm....Tracking our each and every movement around now are we Mr Brown?

I say stick your ID card where the sun doesn't shine and bugger off back to Scotland ol' one eye.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manchester to get ID Cards first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPSE-MAKER View Post
Not only will police be able to read the RFID from the ID card, but immigration officers, job centre and other public service staff will all eventually be issued with scanners enabling them to check a person's identity.
Have they actually bought any readers yet? - http://www.silicon.com/publicsector/...9391135,00.htm
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future

It amazes me at how many low IQ tards there are out walking the streets giving it the old "nothing to hide" bs, you’d think natural selection would put them under a bus before they could get a chance open there mouth and spew their verbal diarrhoea.
fuKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future

Patience, we'll get to this point soon enough.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Italy has had I.D. cards for years and no-one is really making a hoo hah over there. Then again they're only 8 Euros and they're not compulsory (although travelling outside your commune and not having one on your person if asked by the police is iffy). They're slowly phasing in biometric cards, but I'm not sure how much they'll cost.

That's the only experience I've had with a national scheme. Actually, looking at Wikipedia, there are few countries in the world without ID cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...identity_cards

I'm just interested as to what you're afraid of, minus the talked about price point.

Electronic transactions and globalised information systems mean the government know (or can find out) exactly what you're doing / have been doing. They know what you buy, where you bought it, what you had to eat, where you shop, sleep, work, go.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
fuKKer

Human Grunt

You might have nothing to hide, but your government thinks you do. The apparatus YOU vote for to govern the country, the people YOU give the very cushy job of making laws think YOU are guilty by default.

Worse than that, they think YOU are stupid enough to believe that carrying a plastic card will somehow protect you from crime, terrorism and illegal immigrants!! I'd laugh were it not for the more serious ramifications this whole idea brings... Not to mention being patronised by the inexpressibly vapid Jacqui Smith.

At the moment if your passport gets lost/stolen you have it cancelled and replaced. In the future when your DNA information is held in a series of "0"s & "1"s, protected by code written by the lowest preferred bidder, what happens when your ID card is compromised. How do you get back something that can be copied infinitely?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

ID Cards = Mark of the Devil

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all

*yawn* Britain!!! Stop being so blooming pathetic! Even most third world countries have ID cards.

Why are ID cards so important???
Well I want a system were I can say I an Mr. Dixon, living at said address and whip out my ID card.

Without having to have my passport AND drivers Linscence AND two seperate bills that confirm my address IS my address,
to get a library card
to change GP when moving location.

Why is it a horrifying thought to have a kiddy fiddler asked for ID card to check his police record when he goes for a job interview at a school???

Most countries have ID cards.
Not all have centralised databases.
But those that do, sweden for example. Has large amounts of legislation that stops one government agency to check another.
I.e. tax can't check job or healthcare.
Checking criminal background on a job interview might only amissable to a handfull of occupations, and even then the background check would only be highlighting relevant crimes.

If Britian had already tied up its National Insurance number to an Identity card years ago, then it might have not have to have stupid totalitarian CCTV camera nets with facial recognition.

Most of the time our criminals just move from one borough council to another, and the paper trail stops there.
Council tax? medical records? police reports.
Reoffending criminals just need to change address to the other side of time to "flumoxx" the current system.

and to assure you it's not all doom and gloom, I show my id card when paying for a pint, and I assure you, people don't look, me and a mate mixed up our visa cards, and I payed for our drinks all night long.....(hehehe...until he wedged my card into an ATM and punched his pin-code three times )

This knee jerk reaction is nothing but silly little britains who cling to their little 11th commandment "thou shall not get caught"
Yes we are good citizens! you cry,
however, anytime you can, you try to slip out on paying for anything, especially when it goes back into the state system.
You live in a social democracy, you are supposed to pay into the system to maintain the schools, public transport and healthcare.

Having an ID card would stop the fraudulent abuse of our beloved system, thus insuring the money is well spent, and improve the system.

but no, you have to cling to this ideal that you have to hide, and get away from the state system that you want to use when you become unemployed/sick.
Become better citizens get the ID cards and stop Great Britain being ruined by the frauders!!

Last edited by Boff; 08-05-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Yet another good rant Boff.
I completly agree with all those points and hadnt looked at it that way before.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Yeah Boff, I completely agree with you.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I don't disagree with the cards, what I don't like is that the Government will no doubt abuse the scheme :/

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #12
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuKKer View Post
It amazes me at how many low IQ tards there are out walking the streets giving it the old "nothing to hide" bs, you’d think natural selection would put them under a bus before they could get a chance open there mouth and spew their verbal diarrhoea.
I hope I'm reading this wrong?

http://forums.gamegrin.com/showpost....92&postcount=7

Boff has made some good points.

Stop whining Britain, most of you are just arguing out of spite or for some illogical and/or unreasonble purpose.

I am however, agains the idea that something compulsory needs to be paid for, or for what the price are at the moment.