GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets

Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets General chat about your latest phones, pads and other pocket buddies!

Old 18-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough
nokia Lumia

Dont suppose anyone has got one of the lumia 1520 and how you rate it.? Got mine coming tomorrow rad all the reviews etc but still this little niggle at the back of my head saying "ARSEHOLE"
Demonjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
Re: nokia Lumia

stepson had a 520 and was billed with problems with crashing all the time coud not answer calls or it would crash would randomly decided to crash
Old 19-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I have yet to hear good things about Windows mobile tbh

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough

Well it came today and its huge, i thought it was a normal sized mobile nope this is 6" screen. Had a quick play about and its fairly decent phone, yeah not a huge amount of apps but i never used that many on my note 2. The camera is very nice some great colours might even be better than my ageing 350d which is getting replaced by either a 550d or a 50d but i`ll ask Bob or Vale if he`s still about which is the better option.
Old 19-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

Primary camera sensor size: 20 MP,
Old 20-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
Demonjock

Manhack

aye it takes lovely shots
Old 21-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Jetgirl

Poisonous Headcrab

Jetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura aboutJetgirl has a spectacular aura about

I have a 620 and I love it. The windows app store is beyond shite but the phone itself is awesome. I love the OS as I can have differing sizes of buttons, images displayed on start screen etc and it looks much more unique than iOS does. It runs nice as well, rarely freezes or crashes despite me rarely turning it off. Battery life is decent and camera is nice. The app store is literally the only bad thing about it to me.
Old 21-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

played with the 1020 last year, photographer friend of mine in Canada took some studio shot with it too, he loves it!

Nokia gave him a couple of 1520's to capture his sons life on video (i'm sure they'll be using it for publicity purposes)

he loves the control you get..

depending on your needs 550 offers video, the 50 offers metal body, extra focus points and having used both the 50 far outshines the 550 in usability - image quality is more or less the same
Old 22-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
Demonjock

Manhack

The 1520 is great bob and the control you get on the software is amazing for that camera. Ive had all the samsung galaxy note phones and iphones and none of them come close to the abilities of the lumia 1520. I shy`d away from the 1020 due to poor battery life and the camera is a tad slow on shutter speed.

The 550 and 50D is going to used on my new scope for astrophotography, yeah they are unmodded but i think they should do the job until i can afford a proper CCD camera. But the Live view will be very handy.

Yeah the OS is great far better than android, yes the store is pap but in truth i didn't spend that much on it with only a few purchases over the years as most things i wanted where free. The battery life so far is great with a full charge lasting around 2 days of use with browsing the net and sending texts, chatting and facebook. If they can beef up the store side i cant see why android would last that much longer.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
KBHop

Scanner

KBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enoughKBHop will become famous soon enough

I have the 1520 and I've had a lot of problems with it...wouldn't really recommend it to anybody
KBHop is offline   Reply With Quote