GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Media > Books

Books From Classics to Bestsellers. What are you reading currently?

Old 22-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
I'm on the last (current) book in the Ice and Fire series. Once I'm done there, think I'll hit some classic Sci Fi. I might re-read The Forever War, or The Space Merhants.
Old 26-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #22
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice
Re: I've just read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonjock View Post
Terry Pratchett Snuff and HP Lovecraft Necromonican
Reminds me of what i want to do to one of our HP "switches"
Old 27-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #23
Misterwoot

Manhack

Misterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
I'm on the last (current) book in the Ice and Fire series. Once I'm done there, think I'll hit some classic Sci Fi. I might re-read The Forever War, or The Space Merhants.
Armour. you really need to read that one. it's a bloody classic

Last edited by Misterwoot; 27-02-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Misterwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterwoot View Post
Armour. you really need to read that one. it's a bloody classic
Coolio. It's not in my current collection so I'll add it to my list. Looked it up and sounds like my cup o' tea.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
Misterwoot

Manhack

Misterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura about

I just surprised myself. I just listened to "Halo : Glasslands" on audible (yes, I know it's not reading as such... but it's unabridged and it makes housework and the commute go easier) and it's a decent book!

Shoot First, Second, Third and Fourth.... and ask questions to fill time while you reload.
Misterwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
S@m80

Scanner

S@m80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished Gun Machine by Warren Ellis. Really interesting take on a police procedural. Funny and dark.

Now reading Apocalypse Jukebox. It looks at our obsession with the end (both religious and nuclear in this case) through American popular music. So there are chapters on everyone from COltrane, Dylan and Cohen, to Green Day and Devo. Pretty absorbing stuff.

Them is a great book. Met Ronson at a talk a while back and he signed my copy!
S@m80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Recently read Roadside Picnic, the basis for the Stalker film and games. Fantastic read, going to have to check out the rest of the Strugatsky brothers work.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
Galushina

Scanner

Galushina is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive just read

Hi Fossy

Thanks for the info. It must have happened before, but I still imagine its unusual for an actress to use her on vocals on some songs in a film and be dubbed on others. I didnt think Ive Gotta A Horse wouldbe that well known outside the U.K
Galushina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 03:29 AM   #29
Jessica

Manhack

Jessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud of

I finished Divergent not too long ago and thought it was really good tbh. I'm now reading The Kite Runner in between short bursts of not reading the Hobbit (seriously, I've been reading the Hobbit for over a year now - WHY IS IT TAKING ME SO LONG?)
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

reading the jack reachers(lee child) books just now really liking them
Old 27-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #31
FlaviaMak
Banned

FlaviaMak is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive just read

Yes, Lansdale is splatterpunk, Ive only read The Nightrunners so far and it was awesome. I havent read Kiernan or Lebbon yet, but I know they both write dark fantasy, Lebbon also writes horror. Which Straub book are you reading?
FlaviaMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #32
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Recently read Roadside Picnic, the basis for the Stalker film and games. Fantastic read, going to have to check out the rest of the Strugatsky brothers work.
Picked that up in a charity book shop last week, not started it yet though
Old 29-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #33
Bwgiese

Houndeye

Bwgiese is an unknown quantity at this point

Finished A Dance with Dragons last week, starting Mistborn now.
Bwgiese is offline   Reply With Quote