GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 04-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of
Listen While You Browse! New Forum Based Podcast Player

Listen While You Browse! New Forum Based Podcast Player

After trying to find a way for you to enjoy GameOn's fruits, and listen to our podcast productions easily and simply at the same time, we have finally come up with a solution we hope you will all love!

......Read More

Last edited by Rasher; 04-05-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Listen While You Browse! New Forum Based Podcast Player

Please give the option to disable it as it renders the website completely unusable on my mobile - unable to scroll the page.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Please give the option to disable it as it renders the website completely unusable on my mobile - unable to scroll the page.
Will look into it this evening, I doubt it will be disabled, but an alternative for mobile users that need it could be a possible path, will put our heads together on it after dinner
Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Additionally, since the player has been added it appears that the URL in the address bar isn't updating as you browse the forums.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with Beanz. It stops me accessing the site on my mobile at all. It slows the page load down to ridiculous levels on wifi and then fails to load properly. It just sits there saying "initialising" and prevents the page loading.

Please take it away or at least give us an option in our control panel to disable it. I like accessing the forums on my mobile and now I can't. And please don't suggest using the cutdown mobile version. I hate using those.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Blak

Human Grunt

Blak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond repute

* Uses frames to kill the accessibility of the site so we can't send links.
* Breaks mobile browsing.
* If I wanted to listen to the podcast I'd either download it or stream it from the dedicated page in a separate tab.

In conclusion: NO. This is a forum which is pretty much the opposite of "a viable platform for playing media". People come here for the text.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Due to an issue with links not updating correctly, which could affect search engines in a very negative way, we've had to remove it while we research it further. It wasn't behaving that way on the dev forums so not sure what's brought on the problem.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

id also note that the majority of access i do to the forums is on my mobile device where i pay for bandwidth. ill accept the adverts (every one has too) but if its also going to be streaming sound to me(which i dont want) surley its going to put my bills up too?

if thats the case ill have to stop accessing the FORUMS
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

no m8
we never do streaming sound
that is something i am really against

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote