GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 13-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #61
2bad4u

Baby Headcrab

2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough2bad4u will become famous soon enough
Re: GameOn Pre-Christmas Meet-up Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Local chippy?
Well I hope that Rasher takes the red Swedish spirits with him and you don't/can't eat
2bad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #62
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Local chippy?
Oh I didn't mean quite that. I really meant can we go somewhere else rather than the hotel to eat. A pub or something. Food in hotels is horribly overpriced and I'd rather not spend extra for the sake of it. That's all.
Old 13-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #63
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't someone say there was a restaurant next door?, TBH Betty I have been to Long Eaton lots of times and there's not much there, we will be limited for choice.
Still its nice and close to the M1, Central so perfect venue really.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #64
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Linda and myself will be there for around 4pm

was thinking maybe going for something to eat around 6/6.30pm

whats everyone's ETA on getting there?

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #65
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
Linda and myself will be there for around 4pm

was thinking maybe going for something to eat around 6/6.30pm

whats everyone's ETA on getting there?
I'm aiming for around 4 or so too.
Old 15-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #66
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Same here , 4pm at the Hotel Bar it is then?

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 15-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #67
Mrs Rasher

Hopper Mine
Administrator

Mrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud of

There is a F&B / TGI type place right next door to the hotel. Or else there is a pub / restaurent about half a mile to a mile away.
Either of these is probably best.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #68
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Excellent. That should fit the bill nicely.
Old 15-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #69
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Benneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of light

I can no longer say for certain if i am comming on a count of the AA or halfords ******* my car up and disconnecting the fan after playing with the battery / while fitting the new one.
Benneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #70
Platinum
raggggggggge

Train?, I know where long eaton station is (if you can call it a station) and can grab you from there?

Old 15-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #71
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Benneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe, i still have to figure out what damage has been done to my car if there is any permanent.
Hoping it is just a ruptured coolant line or something simple like that.
Old 15-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #72
rastamanblues

Barnacle

rastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nice

Looking at leaving home at about 1, so should be aiming to get there for 4 ish.
rastamanblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #73
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold

(Found a hotel with net access!!)

I'll prob not arrive till after 5, the missus is landing at Manchester around 2 ...

Hope to see you all there

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #74
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Hurrah! The car lives!

Took it to the garage this morning:
Apparantly it was just a ruptured pipe going to the carb and the whole 'engine-being-a-bugger-after-the-battery-was-replaced' bit was just a huge coincidence...

Garage has fixed it and apparantly for free too.
Old 16-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #75
Platinum
raggggggggge

Giggidy Giggidy!

Old 16-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #76
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Bonus.

Glad you're going to be there.
Old 20-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #77
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

URGENT! Read this if you are staying in the hotel tonight

Ramada are offering cut price rooms and there are still some available in the Ramada Nottingham for tonight.

See this thread on Moneysavingexpert.com which has a link to the special booking page.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1345939
Old 20-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #78
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Nice one Betty. Just saved myself £33
Old 20-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #79
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Linda and i will be leaving around 3pm to get there for 4pm
If anyone else wants to come
or anyone wants to check in with us..

my contact number is
07952 471526

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #80
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good time guys. Wish I could have made it.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote