GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

View Poll Results: What best descibes you.. (in your opinion)
very good shape. exercise regularly or dont need execise to keep fit. not over weight 12 24.00%
pretty skinny still, but really unfit. lung capacity of astmatic ant 6 12.00%
bit podgy but can stand the pace on a footy field 9 18.00%
pretty podgy, know you're unfit but trying to miprove yourself 13 26.00%
pretty podgy, very unfit. dont really care because you have no real interest in being fit 4 8.00%
real fat. not stand a chance of getting fit 2 4.00%
other. not listed here, (please write comments) 4 8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-03-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
Physical exercise

Do you think you get enough exercise?

I have been playing footy every thursday since december (minus a brief spell off where i rolled my left ankle and couldnt put full weight on my foot for about 3 weeks) and i am ****ing knackered. ive never ran so much (well not while weighing as much as i do now)

just wondering what physical condition everyone thinks they are in.

i am 6 foot 4 and weigh roughly 15 stone. according to BMI (body mass index) i am just in the over weight section but feel like i should be in the extremely obese section. i consider myself well out of shape and unfit but i would like to improve my fitness, hence regular HARd footy sessions.
Old 19-03-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
i put "pretty podgy, very unfit. dont really care because you have no real interest in being fit"

cuz tbh i dont give a damn how i look/feel

having said that ive been roped into goin to the gym at college now sucky
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 12:26 AM   #3
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
not podgy or thin. but with the lung capacity as in poll
Old 19-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #4
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
ul @ roped into exercise

tbh tho, the only reason i want to improve my fitness is that i really enjoy playing football but my physical condition really holds me back. hopefully, im gonna try to get fit enough to play for a sunday league clb by spetember. thats my goal. whether i will pull it off remains to be seen. i got the skills to pay the bills, just aint ogt the lungs/heart/muscle endurance to carry me

scored some belters tonight tho
Old 19-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #5
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
i'm partway between the top two... im pretty athletic in the fact that i dont need much exercise to keep fit and i can't get fat, but im still skinny and BMI rates me at bottom end of 'right size' (~ 11.5st @ 6ft 3). Also, i do have slight exercise induced asthma which seems to go away when i exercise a lot (playing footy in the summer eg.) I know i need more exercise to gain some weight (im lacking upper-body mass) but i just can't bring myself to exercise at the moment
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #6
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
with 2 kids don't get alot of time to do much these days - but do try and get out into the garage on the odd occasion to lift me weights
Old 19-03-2004, 01:44 AM   #7
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
im well unfit these days. i rarely exercise, i walk wherever i go though.

i'm 5'10" and weigh 10 and a half stone, which according to that BMI thingyi'm in the 26th percentile for my age (21). I'm not overweight, BUT i have a belly that i am ashamed of its because i dont exercise, and munch quite a bit as is the life of a lazy student

I want to get back into martial arts again, and get fit, but i can't afford it at the moment, and the reason i didn't join a university club is because i didn't like the people involved in them...it all seemed to be about the violent aspects of it...not the discipline, which and art :/ anyway, yeah, i wanna get rid of my gut tbh :/ bleh

My views, no one else's

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 7x400 @ 2.8Ghz // Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro // 4Gb Crucial Ballistix PC6400 1:1 5-5-5-18 // Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 // BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675/1950/1674 // 750Gb Total Storage // LG 194WT 19" Widescreen Monitor
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #8
DeepSpirit

Manhack

DeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the rough
I would class myself as being a bit podgy but trying to do sommat about it. at 5'4" and just over 10 stone my bmi is 24.58 which is in the ideal range but 25 is classed as overweight.

i do quite a bit of exercise with running round after 3 kids all the time (ok 2 kids and rob ) and i try to walk up to school with jake once a week but in actual fact i only do it about once a month . Both me and rob like to go to the gym but finding the time is the problem. we both want to go twice a week for a couple of hrs but we cant go together because of babysitters and if we went separately we would never get to spend any time together. so i just stay podgy but then again my baby is just 4 months old.
DeepSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 08:40 AM   #9
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
Lower end of the scale for my height but unable to gain weight.

Average fitness.
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 09:00 AM   #10
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
I was going to gym regularly, but now im working normal hours I just dont fancy the Gym in evenings..
Old 19-03-2004, 09:16 AM   #11
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
scientifically overweight.

coliospecifically - a bit fat

6ft 14st 10.

However, my regime has been eat shit do nothing.

Thats started to change,

I dance more regularly, started climbing again, and almost considering investing in a bike.

Ideal weight for me would be 13-13.5st.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #12
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
im knackered :/
excersize sux
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #13
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
Due to having an industrial Accident
Resulting in breaking my back in 3 places

within 8 years i put on loads of weight on
due to being unable to excersise to the standard
i was before the accident,

but now due to Diabetes
and other conditions im loosing weight rapidly now

i do walk on avg 25 miles a week
about 3/5 miles aday

so i cant be to unfit
Old 19-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #14
monger

Alien Controller

my abdominals and quads are killing me today. dont think ive used them for a few years.......

ive spent a lot of today rounding up peeps at work to get together and play footy cos the people i play with currently are a cricket club and they soon stopping playing footy and playing cricket instead
Old 19-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #15
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
NBK, its not necessarily about what you look like.

Its more about what you feel like.

I know some people who cant walk up a flight of stairs without being short of breath., and thats due to the excess baggage they wear.

Thing is, if you have a good workout, of any sort,

Whether you walk (Oddie), play football (Monger/Ed)
Climb (Me, Peggy) etc

you always feel better for it. Sure you may be knackered, but the physical exertion is resolve in a matter of minutes.

If I've got nephews who want a game of footy, I want to play footy without having to stop every couple of mins to catch my breath.

Im sure the same can be said for the many mums/dads out there.

If you look after yourself health wise, the your physcial appearance will fall into place.

If you eat greasy crappy fast food all the time and dont exercise, you get spots, you get fat, yuo sweat more, your out of breath and you look quite unsightly,.

Whereas if you eat balanced diets and exercise, you skins clears up, you look trim and fit, you dont sweat as much, your endurance goes up, and you tend to be more attractive.

I too dont care what I look like, however I do care how I feel like. I feel unhealthy, so Im doing something about it. As a result the excess fat that I have will be lost.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 12:08 PM   #16
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
I was 'blessed' at birth with Hypoglycemia, so I have to eat nearly all the time, or else I get the shakes and generally feel crappy!
It's better now, as when I was younger, I used to have to have a full meal around about 2am, or face an evening of no sleep and general stomach pains.
Due to the fact I've never had to diet/exercise to keep myself in shape, I find the notion of paying to tire myself out quite offensive (well, there is one case where paying to tire myself out is quite appealing, but I don't think it's legal in this country )
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 12:10 PM   #17
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by NBK
i put "pretty podgy, very unfit. dont really care because you have no real interest in being fit"

cuz tbh i dont give a damn how i look/feel
Thats a poor state of affairs man...

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 12:10 PM   #18
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
dont have much time to do anything also with state of my mind take me ages to even think about doing any thing

just short of 6' last time i looked was 12/13 stone

but dont often eat maybe 1 or 2 meal day

not really weather for me to do anything rain and sh*ttyness just dont go
Old 19-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #19
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
5'9 - 12.5st - got a beer gut but general good fitness (good enough for the parachute regiment anyway lol)

I cycle around 9 miles a day (to & from work), do push-ups & chin-ups when i get up and before i go to bed...

try to go for a run when its not raining outside...

I feel much better now i do exercise rather than just being a fat bastard...

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #20
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
You used to be so cuddly Gamb