GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 21-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
viper

Barnacle

viper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enough
Video Card

Anyone have a decent Graphics Card they no longer need pls, for a reasonable price, mine decided to stop working last night using Onboard Video at the moment. thx
Old 22-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
viper

Barnacle

viper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enoughviper will become famous soon enough
Re: Video Card

I got a budget of around 70 can someone recommend me a video card for that much pls
Old 22-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

This is budget, but if you can afford the extra 20, the second link would be much better.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-p...i-i-d-sub-hdmi

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-e...ores-dvi-mhdmi
Old 22-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
viper

Barnacle

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it
Old 22-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, if the Taxman pulls his finger out, this thread helps me out too. lol.

Is that 2Gb one a good upgrade from an 8800GT?
Old 22-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

TBH despite it having 2gb, the second one with 1gb is much better due to increased running speed, shaders and cores.
Old 24-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

I have a 4870 with a Scythe Musashi cooler on, could do 50 with basic post or hand delivered if you are going to the lan
Old 25-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
viper

Barnacle

how does the 4870 compare to the cards Fazer adviced me on, pls
Old 26-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...50,2734-6.html

The 4870 is faster than the 4850 (obviously)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...50,2734-8.html <-- More real test vs the 4850 on Crysis, a game Nvidia cards typically do better in
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
viper

Barnacle

wife being nice this week said i can spend up to 100 on a new video card so i guess i have more options However the downside is i have to upgrade my psu i only have a 250watt but i will buy video card this week and hopefully she let me buy new psu next week. so Nvidia or Ati
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
fazer

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
wife being nice this week said i can spend up to 100 on a new video card so i guess i have more options However the downside is i have to upgrade my psu i only have a 250watt but i will buy video card this week and hopefully she let me buy new psu next week. so Nvidia or Ati
Personal preference I'm affraid. But Nvidia for me all the way, Oli's PC has ATI and have nothing but problems with it.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
viper

Barnacle

How about this one http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-e...vi-i-mini-hdmi
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
fazer

Manhack

Very nice card. BTW I have had EVGA mobos and GFX for a while now, register your serial number on there web site for your extended warranty.
EVGA have been brilliant with me, just replaced my old broken GTX295 last month, was 12 months out of warranty, but still replaced it with a GTX460.

PS edit, your 250 psu wont run that.

Last edited by fazer; 01-03-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

NOw that is some EPIC customer service right there Fazer.

Nice to hear companies treating there customers well.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
fazer

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
NOw that is some EPIC customer service right there Fazer.

Nice to hear companies treating there customers well.
Yep, really good, impressed just thought I would have a pop and see what they said.
I've had EVGA for years, they could see with my history, but failed to register GTX295, really good service no quibble, only restriction is the GTX460 is no longer under warranty, which is fair enough.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
viper

Barnacle

i bought the EVGA Card, i then inquired about a power supply they have some 500 watts power supply's for about 15 but they said it wasnt good enough, i was told i needed a 500 watt gaming psu and they cost 40 + do i really have to get the gaming psu ? any help pls im on a really low budget for this one
Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

I think they are worried the lines on the "non-Gaming" PSU might not be up to the power draw.

I know that its something to do with peak power draw and the consistency of the 12v (iirc) line...

Others may be more informative on this issue though. lol.