GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 22-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Can't edit image once placed

Once you've placed an image in a post, you can't then go and edit that instance of the image's properties, you have to replace it with a new instance, with your edits.

Hope that makes sense.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can't edit image once placed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Once you've placed an image in a post, you can't then go and edit that instance of the image's properties, you have to replace it with a new instance, with your edits.

Hope that makes sense.
Click image to select it,
Click image edit button on toolbar (as if you were going to insert a new image),

Window pops up with current image properties for you to edit.
Old 25-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

This issue is still persisting. If I click the image or video in question, and click the "Add media" button, it shows me the original values.
Old 25-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Can you screenshot what you're seeing and pop the image(s) on here, and tell me what you'd expect to be seeing (comments on the images are fine)
Old 25-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Example 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	24068
1. Select the image (it currently has no caption) and click Media button

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	24069
2. Add in a caption, click Update

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24070
3. Has no caption

Example 2

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24071
1. Insert an image and when adding it in, made the width ~150px. Click it and click Media button.

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	24072
2. It shows the original instance of when I added it, with a width of 638px.

I'd expect to see the instance I've add (the ~150px width) properties.

Example 3

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24073
1. I add in a new image but don't hit Update

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	24074
2. Hit edit instead and add in a caption

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	24075
3. Caption is added, great (if you change the size, the caption doesn't work IIRC). I select the image and press the Media button.

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24076
4. No caption there. If I hit Update, it gets rid of the caption and you can't add a new one.