GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 19-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
erickdgamer

Houndeye

erickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these parts
Epic Arcade games from 90's.

My all time favorite arcade games, we'll since its been years since i last played arcade games from the old days i've decided to create my own list, by the way the arcade games i listed are the adventure games i love the most and had a great time with.

First is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Let's start at TMNT arcade released as Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, it is a side-scrolling beat-'em-up released by Konami as a coin-operated video game in 1989. It is based on the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series which began airing in the fall of 1987.

Well i personaly loved this game and i've used many darn coins to finish this game with my a friend, we actually play on 2 players and it really is hard beating the asses of those colorful ninjas as well as the bosses it does really gives a real enjoyment in every coin inserted for continues and its worth it.

Next in the list List Alien VS. Predator

Publisher: Capcom
Year of Release: 1994
Media Type: Arcade Game
Controller: Joystick/Arcadestick
Category: Sci-Fi, Action

Choose either a marine or a Predator as you fight your way through the various stages, wiping out the Aliens as you go. The game is a very up-to-date version of Final Fight with wonderful graphics. The game has four selectable player characters: Predator Hunter, Lt. Linn Kurosawa, Predator Warrior and Major Dutch Schaefer.

This game was, in fact, the first and last arcade-only AVP title in the bunch. Gameplay was similar to brawlers like Final Fight or Streets of Rage. The game allowed players to control one of four characters, two Marines and two Predators, as they fought to save a fictional West Coast city from Alien annihilation.

For its time, and the genre, Alien vs. Predator featured great graphics and a rockin' score. Unquestionably, by the time players had saved the world from destruction, many quarters had been lost, but they did have a dead Alien queen to show for it.

Next is X-Men arcade

The player chooses one of six X-Men: Cyclops, Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, or Dazzler. Their objective is to stop the villain Magneto from wreaking havoc on human civilization. They must fight through an army of hundreds of Sentinels and supervillains such as Pyro, Blob, Wendigo, Nimrod, The White Queen, Juggernaut, and Mystique. Later, Magneto kidnaps Professor X and Kitty Pryde, prompting the heroes to go on a rescue mission. The heroes fight their way to Island M and ultimately to Magneto's base on Asteroid M where the final battle with the Master of Magnetism takes place.

Next is Metal Slug

Metal Slug is a run and gun video game for the Neo-Geo console/arcade platform developed by Nazca Corporation and published by SNK. It was originally released in 1996 for the MVS arcade platform. The game is widely known for its sense of humor, fluid hand-drawn animation, and fast paced two-player action. It is the first title in the Metal Slug series. Currently the Metal Slug world record is held by a twelve year old boy named Alpha Gecko.

And lastly Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom and Shadow over mystara.

Tower of DOOM

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom is the first of two arcade games created by Capcom and based on the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. The game was also released on the Sega Saturn, packaged with its sequel, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara, under the title Dungeons & Dragons Collection, although the Saturn version limited the gameplay to only 2 players. The game is set in the Mystara campaign setting.

Shadow Over Mystara

Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara, also simplified to Shadow of Mystara or known as Dungeons & Dragons 2, is an arcade game developed and published by Capcom in 1996 as a sequel to Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom. It was also released on the Sega Saturn, packaged with Tower of Doom, under the title Dungeons & Dragons Collection.

The game is set in the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting of Mystara. It was one of the last 2-D arcade side-scrollers created by Capcom; only Battle Circuit (1997) came after Shadow over Mystara.

If you want to see the video of the games listed above you can VISIT HERE.
Old 19-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
dldeadbolt

Poisonous Headcrab

dldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to alldldeadbolt is a name known to all
Re: Epic Arcade games from 90's.

Tekken 1 + 2
Street Fighter 1 + 2
Bubble Bobble (love this game)
Metal Slug series
King of Fighters (early series)
Asteroids
Time Crisis 1 (had my score/time set in #1 at 3 different malls in Cape Town, all lasting almost 1 1/2 before machines got repalced with TC2)

And then there was a arcade game where you fly a spaceship and can upgrade ur weapon by picking up various upgrade specials (1 was a multicannon [highest lvl being 5 lines of fire at angles in a V shape], a beam that fires in str8 line but the tip angles as you move around)

Ooo almost forgot Double Dragon and The Lost Vikings
dldeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
FictionWolf

Scanner

FictionWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Tekken 3 5 and BR <3 gotta love it ! when i kick boys butt at the arcade XD
FictionWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickdgamer View Post
Next is X-Men arcade
This, this, a thousand times this! Gutted there was no Gambit, but I made do.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote