GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 29-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough
ArmA 2 1.02 Build 58134 Released

I will do my best to keep news of updates coming, this ones a bit late so sorry for that, but after the release of the 1.02 update there was still some issues, this is a new build of the 1.02 patch to fix some of those issues:

http://www.arma2.com/support/updates...r.html?lang=en
Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
Re: ArmA 2 1.02 Build 58134 Released

Thanks Dan, but did they fix the UberCow!?

Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough

Awsome lol! Didn't see that in the fix-list
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future

I give up with this game. I am sending my copy and one I brought for my mate back to play. This game is not fit for purpose. My post on Bohemia's site.

"I am returning my copy of ArmA2 and a copy i brought for my friends birthday present.

It is the most bug ridden unstable mess of a game that I have ever come across. You guys really reached for the stars and managed to find a latrine here.

You needed a lot more testing to get this game sorted. Very very very disapointed and I think any future bohemia game better be properly developed and tested, for your sakes.

I signed up for a tourney aswell on the back of this games pedigree but i dont see how anyone can run this game as a tournament game, I would rip out any hair I have if I had to use this for a weekly scrim.

I have never posted anything like this before on any gaming forums, this is hopw strongly I feel about this product. I am a mature gamer with many many years experience and this game is shocking.

I may buy the game again in 2 years time when some bugs might have been fixed and i can pick it up for 1 from a car boot sale.

I will end with this, you rock for wanting to bring a game of such complexity and immersiveness to the gaming community, you suck because you failed.

Sorry to the poor admin who has to look through these rants and delete them.... "
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
DannyM

Manhack

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, was it in-game issues or issues actually trying to get the game to work?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Danny, thanks mate, I am also sorry.

I have had enough of games that don't work out of the box. The time I do have to play games nowa days is precious, and I am ****** if I am going to spend x hours downloading patches for a brand new game released 3 weeks ago. Plus the hours spent googling the various errors I have been getting.

I have had (and these are the most annoying ones):
1. Various in game bugs with squad members dying for no reason, this also happens in mp games.
2. Scenery bugs, for instance, get into a building and then can not actually get out again!
3. Save bugs, save games are not working and i get a crash to desktop with "cannot commit?" (commit what? suicide?)
4. Training mission bug, can't complete training.
5. Graphics bugs, various...
6. Sound bugs, various, i.e. random loss of sound.

I may revisit the game, but not for some time......I wonder what Dragon Rising's answer will be. I hope they learn from ArmA 2's mistakes....

Oh, and I generally got flamed for my rant, all the ass licking sheep over at Bohemia forums could suggest is I try and go through trouble shooting (which I have been through of course, for ******* hours!), they also doubted I was a mature gamer as I had the audacity to actually question that a game company can release a game of this poor quality.

I analogise it to buying a car. Would you buy a car with three wheels? No, me either (unless it is a Robin Reliant!). I would also be really insulted if the car manufacturer said they might deliver the 4th wheel so you can use your car, but they can not tell you if they will or when that might be.....
Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest vulpine, i had EXACTLY the same experiance. (only i brought it as a digital download so can not return it)

its an appalling state to release a game in.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
DannyM

Manhack

I won't say I am a fanboy so to speak, but I will say I am a fan of the series (that sounds so contredictive) it has got a lot of faults, granted and I do agree with most peoples views that they didn't beta test. However, if you think this game had issues, it's a damn good job you didn't play the first one.

I notice most of your problems came in single player, I barely play single player, it's all about the MP action for me and playing with my clan friends!

I would like to try and help, but without sounding offensive, with all the issues you have, it would take me too long Instead, I will give you a shout when most of it, if not all is fixed in say aroung 6 months?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Yep, i will seta clander item to bump this is 6 months.... :P
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #10
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all

I dont like to say it but, I did warn you in the other thread a few weeks ago guys
Once you get past all its bugs and get on a decent MP server with good custom missions (i'm writing off SP as it is pretty much unplayable) it is an absolute gem. I'm hooked like a crack addict on, uh, crack. Just received a trackIR too which works even better than I imagined with this game.
/runs off to play Arma 2.
L33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

you told me not to get a track IR :P
Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all

I said dont spend the extra for the trackir 5 over a 4 :P
Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
L33

Manhack

Vulpine if you've not already returned it, forget SP and come try some MP. You're more than welcome to join us on the server and on TS, we mainly play custom 30-60 player coop missions, customised veteran difficulty with heavy emphasis on teamwork. Most popular arma/arma2 server in the world since it went up a couple of weeks ago, always populated and maturely administered.

Quick capture from a few nights ago (HD available), includes TS although I wasn't recorded as you can't hear your own mic through speakers...
Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Thanks Lee, in traditional knee jerk style I have decided to give it another go. However, I am not going to get all wound up, if it crashes I am going to remain calm, I have vented my spleen and I feel better for it. Now I just hope they can patch it up and I will join back up with the cfarma2 tourney.
Might see ya in a server at some pint then...
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
Maggy

Bullsquid

oh and just remember, being new is no excuse for ******* up.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #16
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
oh and just remember, being new is no excuse for ******* up.
OK, if that's the case, what is your excuse
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #17
DannyM

Manhack

Just a quick quote for you Vulp:

Quote:
Few tips I've seen posted about:

* For the vast majority, Windows XP and XP x64 offer far better performance (about 30% increase) in Arma II than Vista or Windows 7.
* SLI/Crossfire users should set the value of 'localvram' within the Arma2.cfg file to equal HALF of their total video memory - so for 2x 4890 1GBs, this should be set to 1Gb. NOTE that this setting is in bytes.
* Shadow setting 'Very High' usually offers better performance than 'High'
* Video memory setting 'Default' uses the value in Arma2.cfg. 'Very High' is 512mb, therefore 'Default' will actually be higher if your card has more than 512mb vram.
* Your terrain detail will automatically be lowered if Arma2 determines that you set your 'Visibility' too high.

-winxp : Use it in Vista/W7 to enable multi-GPU support, will disable use of D3D9Ex (a special Vista only D3D9 version)

-nosplash : Skip splash screens

-world=empty : Doesn't load as much for menu, starts faster

-maxmem=2047 : Allows game engine to use more RAM (2047 is hardcoded maximum atm, anything higher falls back to 2047).

-window : Windowed mode

-noCB : Turns off multicore drawing, slow down rendering but may resolve visual glitches

-cpuCount=X : Change X to a number equal or less than numbers of available cores. (2 seems to have the best results....even on quads!)
Old 07-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Benneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of light

I have been playing this quite religously for the last few days.
Very very good game.

Only a couple of bugs encounterd so far.
Example being the t menu breaking when you halo jump in multiplayer games. Fortunatly you only have to reconnect to fix that one.

The caching of objects and textures is a bit crap, can take more than a few seconds after using a mobile headquarters to load towns around you

The aircaft rock. Have become pretty good flying the osprey, moving vehicles about

Fun fun fun.

Biggest issue so far is inadequate servers. Can make the game very unplayable some times.

anyay, apologies for my typing in this post. Im feeling pretty damned ill at work
Benneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
L33

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIS
The current patch log is as follows:

Improved airplane HUD visibility.
Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.
Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.
Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.
Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.
Grenade can destroy a building just by impact
Radio echo elimination
Team switch did not work when player died
More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.
Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

The above will be fixed/improved as applicable and are of course subject to change in terms of inclusion in 1.03, nor does this list mean that other fixes won't be included with 1.03

And before you ask, no current ETA besides as soon as possible
Hoping for alot more is included to be honest in terms of bugfixes and performance improvements :/

Btw can a mod merge the various arma 2 threads into one pls
Old 16-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #20
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Thanks for the heads up.
Is it me, or does the smiley they put at the end of their post wind you up?