GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameGrin Distributed Computing

GameGrin Distributed Computing
  • GameGrin Folding@Home
  • GameGrin Seti@Home
  • Milkyway@Home

Old 20-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #141
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on people

ok ok

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #142
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Wooh! I have (temporarily) overtaken Plat in the production rate leaderboard.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #143
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

When I get back to a stable connection in June (i.e London) and Mum/Dad pays electricity, I suppose I'll get back into the fray.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #144
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post
temporarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
When I get back to a stable connection in June (i.e London) and Mum/Dad pays electricity, I suppose I'll get back into the fray.
Win

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 20-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #145
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

I've been trying to fold but like me and folding clothes it's not working. It's on its 5th work unit during the past 72 hours the previous 4 vanishing at about 40-60%.

Makes me wonder why I bother sometimes -_-
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #146
Platinum

Tentacle

What are you folding with? and in task manager is the fodling app taking 100% CPU time?

Old 20-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #147
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
What are you folding with? and in task manager is the fodling app taking 100% CPU time?
Hmmm, only just realised mines only using 30-50% of the CPU. How to I config to 100% using the SMP client?
Old 20-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #148
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Folding, with my gpu didn't change the settings from when i last was folding.
Old 20-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #149
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post
Hmmm, only just realised mines only using 30-50% of the CPU. How to I config to 100% using the SMP client?
Well the GPU needs one spare CPU core so its best not to use the SMP client if you have a Dual core Processor, if you have a Quad core CPU I hear you can run them both, but you need to have the GPU's priority set to low and the CPU one set to idle so that the GPU gets priority on CPU cycles when it needs them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcessNeo View Post
Folding, with my gpu didn't change the settings from when i last was folding.
Hmm, Different units can take different amounts of time, install FAH mon and it will tell you your PPD, for a 8800 class GPU you should be looking at around 4000.

Old 20-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #150
Platinum

Tentacle

Oh and are you using the latest version?, might be worth downloading the latest client from the site and reinstalling it?

Old 20-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #151
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

Quote:
Oh and are you using the latest version?, might be worth downloading the latest client from the site and reinstalling it?
Yea I downloaded it when I updated my drivers 4 days ago.

Currently it's doing 150 Iter / sec or 1698 PPD, it's done much faster even while it has been acting up.

Last edited by ExcessNeo; 20-03-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 20-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #152
Platinum

Tentacle

Weird, get FAHmon installed then, should tell you yout PPD, post here and we can tell you if its normal

Old 23-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #153
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

Why is my Production rate still rising? I havn't changed anything. I'm now 2nd, above Ning :S
Old 23-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #154
Platinum

Tentacle

Takes about a week to average out

Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #155
Platinum

Tentacle

Looks like we have lost a few regular folders

Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #156
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

I'm at home now so it's getting hard to leave everything on and folding. When I get back to Uni, it'll be straight back to all day every day
Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #157
Platinum

Tentacle

At home with the rents?, dont tell em

Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #158
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Got the 8800 folding mate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpufolding.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	19432  

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:19 AM   #159
Platinum

Tentacle

Ok dont be a gay with the graphical client, use the CLI client

Old 05-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #160
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok dont be a gay with the graphical client, use the CLI client
Seems to be working, but not very fast. And not using ANY CPU time/

Any ideas?

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote