GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 17-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough
Re: GameOn 10th Anniversary Skin (Race07)

Any recommendations on a good wheel/pedal set? Money is a bit tight, I'm a bit pissed I missed out on the 100 Logitech G25 deal a week or so back.
Old 17-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #22
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post
Only if you let go of the wheel irl I think lol.
Well I mean in a racing car, I don't know if the steering column is specially designed.
Old 17-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #23
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future

Well, race cars are like any other car, if you let go of the wheel it will return to center naturally (unless there is a steering damper fitted in which case it will not spring back as much!).
I can only recommend the G25 cos thats all I have! :s
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #24
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

If your using the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, then you can't go far wrong by buying the Microsoft 360 wheel. It's no G25, but you would have the benefit of using it with your 360 as well (for Forza winnage )

http://www.thehut.com/hut/10051594.p...2009-351677581 I don't know if this one works with the PC so you'll have to do some research, but you could probably knock out a lap time or two with that
Old 17-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #25
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
If your using the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, then you can't go far wrong by buying the Microsoft 360 wheel. It's no G25, but you would have the benefit of using it with your 360 as well (for Forza winnage )

http://www.thehut.com/hut/10051594.p...2009-351677581 I don't know if this one works with the PC so you'll have to do some research, but you could probably knock out a lap time or two with that
Ooh looks like a good buy that actually, think I might be spending some more money on the hut this month then
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 04:19 AM   #26
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of

Niiiiice Skin dude! Really nice! Done the GO name proud!

Good luck with your racing!

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #27
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Just got an update that the logitech wheel is even cheaper here:

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10051594.product 17.97
Old 21-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #28
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all

Good luck for tomorrow Vulpine
Noticed that you guys are racing Donington national in the wet, what sort of times are you all getting? I thought I'd give it a go and managed a 1.17.8 in the BMW E90, which I'm guessing is somewhat off the pace
L33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #29
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future

Excellent Lee, thats a good time, my PB is 1:18.022 with the Volvo.
I bet the BMW is a bit lively in the wet!
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #30
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all

It didn't seem as bad as I'd thought, I'm no expert at all when it comes to the setups but I softened the rear and gave it less toe front & rear to give it a little more stability. To be honest I think it would also benefit from some ballast up front in the heavy wet as I was struggling to maintain front tyre temperature, but not too sure on the official rules for that.
Thats an awesome time in the volvo, I will have a go but don't think I'll be able to match that, I think my driving style suits the RWD cars more as in the FWD cars I tend to end up with either massive understeer on acceleration post-apex, or low exit speed I am definately going to practice more with them though, as they do have a huge benefit on the 3rd-party tracks that have some severe bumps and lumps in the road mid-corner where the terrain joins, guessing due to the way they are made? either way the RWD cars seem to be much more easily upset by them!

Gutted I didn't join before the season! Do you know how the reserve driver thing works? There is a thread for reserve drivers but no details on how to sign up as one etc....
L33 is offline   Reply With Quote