GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 25-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
GameOn Magazine: Special Christmas Edition and Merry Christmas

GameOn Magazine: Special Christmas Edition and Merry Christmas

Visit here to read more

Snippet:
Here at GameOn we would like to Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
To finish off the year our magazine staff have done a special edition of the magazine just for Christmas.
You can find them here
Low Res* (1 meg)
High Res* (9 meg)

......Read More

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GameOn Magazine: Special Christmas Edition and Merry Christmas

Excellent issue guys. Well done and Happy Christmas.
Old 25-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future

Well done guys and Merry Xmas to you all!
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Picky ******* mode

Page 2 "merry christmas from the gameon team"

Shouldnt that be : "Merry Christmas from the GameOn team" ?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Picky ******* mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
its called design, get over it..
On that note, thank you Betty and Vulpine for your nice comments
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Sod ya then I don't care, just trying to help...

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 27-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you don't correct someone, they will not learn from their mistakes.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

no online version?
Old 27-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
Platinum
raggggggggge

If you want this publication to be seen as a professional publication and accepted widely outside the GO community you need to make sure you check these things before the publication goes live, if there's mistakes like that in every edition people are going to think its a amateur job and not come back for the next one.

Old 27-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

ohh here we go (Merry Christmas btw)

Quote:
Picky ******* mode

If you check the last 3 or so issues, it has been like this with the staff names
if i am correct it was Bobs idea behind this as its "art" (dont ask me about that side i like stick people)

Quote:
Confused? no one was being funny with you, ohh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
If you don't correct someone, they will not learn from their mistakes.
The thing is Snoozer, Plats been one of the 4 or 5 people who been very vocal and public slagging off the idea behind the mag on "OUR" forums
maybe another approach could of been taken

another note
its one thing letting us know there is a problem
but another thing pointing it out in the post/article its self
you say "we wont make it look profession"
but people doing that IN the threads looks even worse does it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
no online version?
Can you explain what you mean m8?
Downloads links are there?

Quote:
If you want this publication to be seen as a professional publication and accepted widely outside the GO community you need to make sure you check these things before the publication goes live, if there's mistakes like that in every edition people are going to think its a amateur job and not come back for the next one.
Well apart from the fact this ISNT a mistake.
Well we already had the mag accepted widely outside the GO community
we have some exclusive stuff already thrown at GameOn all because of the mag.
Work as been thrown our way because of the mag
and we have been offered 3 partnerships (which involves making money)
of which two of them are mainly because of the mag (that's our new partners own words)

The mag has already been a massive success for us

Follow me on Twitter
Old 27-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
no online version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post

Can you explain what you mean m8?
Downloads links are there?
I think listy was on about your partnership with Myebook.

Well it is online and you can find it here.

http://www.myebook.com/index.php?option=ebook&id=3269
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The thing is Snoozer, Plats been one of the 4 or 5 people who been very vocal and public slagging off the idea behind the mag on "OUR" forums
Hehe, I know. I was just saying that as an open-apply-to-everything statement. I've been getting the same treatment in my attempt at speaking Italian now Nonno's over for Christmas.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
Platinum
raggggggggge

Quote:

Constructive critasism

Old 27-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Constructive critasism
Like this you mean?
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
Platinum
raggggggggge

oh noes I spelt a word wrong, teh end is nigh!!!

Old 27-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
Hehe, I know. I was just saying that as an open-apply-to-everything statement. I've been getting the same treatment in my attempt at speaking Italian now Nonno's over for Christmas.
Well as you been with family over Christmas i can only take it you are on about some people in a private room saying something
bit different to someone coming on the forums (or the post of the item in question) and opening doing it

and as stated by Pob, it wasn't a mistake :/
that's when things turned bad

Follow me on Twitter
Old 28-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #17
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
as stated by Pob, it wasn't a mistake :/
that's when things turned bad
I admit I could have made my point in a better way, but the quote I posted is from what Bobster said when it was brought up several issues ago (when we first used lower-case in certain areas).

As the design team are succesful in what they do, I trust them to make the right decisions whether I actually like that decision or not. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and although everything we do is for a reason, the only way we can truely know if people like or dislike it is if they voice them. And so while I thank you for bringing it up, I believe in this case you took it too far.

Last edited by POBmaestro; 28-12-2008 at 02:51 PM.
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote