regularly 9 19.57%
only mixed with "other" stuff 10 21.74%
occasionally when you are out drinking 1 2.17%
not at all. norty norty ciggarettes 26 56.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
Smoking

Just curious

Last edited by monger; 10-11-2003 at 10:56 AM.
monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
tbh, ive said that i do not smoke but i guess i shouldve ticked the occasionally when drinking one cos when i get REAL pissed, i like to have a cigar or five
Old 10-11-2003, 11:59 AM   #3
Sticky Vickie

Roller Mine

Sticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enough
i used to smoke until quite recently.
i used to only smoke when id had a drink.
But now i only smoke in a "mix"

when i can be arsed to skin up that is.

As for cigars, they just leave a taste as bad as cigs in your mouth.
and they smell vile! If someone else is smoking it, then it smells fine - but as soon as you stick it in your own mouth! OMG its like some sort of toxic waste site :x

Vick
xxx
Old 10-11-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Never tried, never will.

I think its a disgusting habit.

My mum smokes and thats one of the reasons I've never wanted to.

Im so glad I DONT know what Im missing.

Besides, most of the people I do know that smoke always say they want to give up.

To be honest, Im so against smoking, that I would quite easily let it affect my choice of partner. Thankfully my g/f doesnt smoke, but if she did, we wouldnt be together.

I dont have anything against people that do smoke provided they follow some form of etiquette.

ie..ask if I mind before lighting up (9 outta 10 times, I'll say no I dont mind)

not walking through no smoking sections with a lit cigarette/cigar...etc

smoking around kids

not smoking during a meal.

To smokers, this may sound like Im a dictator, but Im not and Im sure 100% of non-smokers will agree with what I've said.

Its about choice, people have the choice to smoke, I dont have a choice whether I inhale those expelled vapours or not.

If it was up to me, I would put a blanket ban on smoking in all public places.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #5
monger

Alien Controller

i was in burger kinfg the other week and some guy who was sitting on his own just lit and smoked a cigarette. that is just plain rude. there were kids there, and everyone was eating and had to have their food tainted by his smoke. he really made me angry.

all my friends ask first before lighting up but one of my old housemates used to sit odwn in the living room while i was eating and start smoking. needless to say, once i expressed my anger at his blatent rudeness, he didnt start smoking while i was already eating ever again.

vickie, ur right about the cigars. someone else smoking them is nice but they are a bit norty on your own senses when smoking them. its an aquired taste i fell, much like guiness, but i may be a bit odd but i find the best drink to go with a cigar to neutralise the mouth fuzz is very strong vodka and coke. i dont really like those manky hamlets but a nice fat cuban is quite a treat.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #6
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
i tried smoking once almost made me violently ill so didnt want to do it again

also had to put up with my dad coughing his guts up every morning b4 he went to work thats another reason not to
Old 10-11-2003, 12:30 PM   #7
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
yup Lister, I agree with the coughin lark.

I had a mild chest infection a few months back, and sure enough I was coughing crap up every morning.

I always think, I wonder what its like to be a smoker, with this every morning.

then Im thankful I made the choice I did..

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 10-11-2003, 12:39 PM   #8
Sticky Vickie

Roller Mine

Sticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enoughSticky Vickie will become famous soon enough
yeah i smoked a huge cuban cigar |
they came with some champagne we got imported.
extortionate rip offs :x So we smoked these cigars with champers for my mums 40th birthday party.

As for me smoking, i started for the most bizarre reason. I cant go right into detail, but it was due to some tablets i had to take. After i had one, i used to get a craving for a cig, when someone else lit one up it used to drive me mad, so i tried it.. and ended up smoking.

But as Coli said about choices in partners, my bloke doesnt like it. Hes very fit and looks after himself, so he doesnt agree with it. I dont think he'd leave me if i chose to smoke, but i stopped out of respect for him.
Plus it makes you, your clothes, your house, your children and your aura smell :x

Most smokers wanted to pack it in too. My parents were on about 60 a day(each) ffor the last 25 years. Now they've both given up. Its not really a money issue for them. But they have a young grandchild now, and i think they would like the energy and extra cash to do things with her. It effects everyone around you in more ways that just inhaling smoke fumes. Its like an outward spiral of all different circumstances. So much hastle all for a 10cm long white stick of crushed leaves :x

Ok ive talked too much shite now :P

Vick
xx
Old 10-11-2003, 01:33 PM   #9
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
Ive gotten v.bad recently i almost always smoke while drinking now... i blame this on my toking house mate...

but its really my fault...
phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:33 PM   #10
bleecher

Bullsquid

bleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura about
tbh i think smoking should be banned from any public area - I would never of dreamed smoking round my pregnant wife nor in a resteraunt or where kids are around or non-smokers and i get pissed off when some1 does.

I think in this day and age where ppl have become aware of the risk of second or first hand smoke they fully have the right to object - I mean you would let some1 inject you with a poison so why should tabacco or weed smoke be any different. Difference is i accept what cigarettes, Weed, Ciggares, bong etc etc do to my body and the ill affects it may cause, But i dont believe any1 else should put up with a decision I made! and never should It's my choice to kill myself and no one elses.

ive jus given up smoking and tbh i did enjoy this habit - the only reason I gave up was for my wife and soon to be daughter. I never ever want to jeopodize the time I have left with my family - and the biggest culprit of that was smoking.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:47 PM   #11
Colio

Garg

*applauds*

Bleecher, I applaud your attitude and your approach to the habit. And also I wish you luck in giving up. I believe the difficulty is different per person.

Your point about no letting someone stick a needle in you, is a very poignant one as well.

Excuse me, would you mind if I jack up @ the table?

Just because its legal, doesnt make it any more harmful.

We all know that Nicotine and Alcohol are two of the most addictive/dangerous drugs around. However, only nicotine has the ability to affect other people indirectly.

anyhow, I dont wanna sound like a preacher, so Im gonna go quiet for a bit

Old 10-11-2003, 02:06 PM   #12
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
any1 i know who smokes and tells me they thinkin of quittin always regret it cuz i FORCE them to quit lol

ofcourse a little bit of "other" stuff makes it all ok
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:14 PM   #13
Colio

Garg

Quote:
ofcourse a little bit of "other" stuff makes it all ok
Well, do what you like....as long as its not in my airspace, I dont give a flying h00t

Old 10-11-2003, 02:25 PM   #14
Minister Rik

Manhack

Minister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished road
I've never tried, although I've been addicted before by being around people who smoke heavily.

Out of all my girlfriends only one hasn't smoked. Hmm I guess it effects my choice of partner too, although the opposite way to you Chris.
...The Minister...

Never employ a mentally challenged Gnome. Its not big, and its not clever.
Minister Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #15
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
same as colio, never have never will.. parents put me off for life when we (brother and i) were kids.. smoking in car on long journeys etc...

btw, all those new or soon to b parents out there, if u think ur doing ur kid a favour by going outside for a puff, then coming back in and saying coochy coo to ur kid - just a little bit of info about smoking and little people.. u shouldn't go near a child for 20 minutes after having a puff as the nasty stuff found in cigarettes is still on ur hands and clothes..
Old 10-11-2003, 04:00 PM   #16
Colio

Garg

uurgh,

nothin worse than being in a car..you just cant escape....

even if the window is open, the vapours just circulate and permeate everything.

Old 10-11-2003, 04:22 PM   #17
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
i used to smoke 20 to 40 a day
but i gave up 4 years ago now
and not looked back since and ill never start again
was the hardest thing id ever had to do

but im so glad that i did
and feel 100 times better 4 it
Old 10-11-2003, 04:31 PM   #18
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
i very rarely smoke fags, sometimes when ive had alot to drink

i do blaze tho.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #19
monger

Alien Controller

my borthers gf smokes thru both pregnancies. that is just un-necasary risk. i cant beleive anyone would rely on cigarettes stronger than their own maternal instinct to not harm their children.

if i smoked, i would DEFO give up now cos my wife is preggers. and if she smokked, id give her a thick ear till she gives up
Old 10-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #20
Raspy

Human Grunt

Raspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the rough
tbh I do smoke, and I reckon it probably p1sses me off just as much as any non-smoker when you come across a smoker without any manners.

I hate it when people smoke in non-smoking areas - I kinda think "well if I can manage not to smoke here, what makes you so special?". Me and my wife both smoke, although we do keep talking about giving up when we move house, as the rented place we're moving to is a non-smoking property - so we'd have to go outside - in winter.

I personally would never go into a non-smokers house and light up, I usually wouldn't even ask if they minded, I'd just go outside and do it there instead. To be honest, smoking in someone elses house (who's a non-smoker) is just rude. Unfortunately, rude people are everywhere - not just smokers, but when they do smoke, there's one more thing for them to be able to do rudely.

Most decent people who smoke do tend to be considerate about where they do it, and abide by the non-smoking areas. Unfortunately it's the ones who aren't considerate who attract all the attention.