GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > GameGrin Website Content

GameGrin Website Content Any feedback questions, FAQs, Ideas

Old 01-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 PSP Review

A new game review has just been added

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 PSP Review

Visit here to read more

Snippet:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 is the latest in a long line of football Sims by Konami.

......Read More
Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 PSP Review

I am aware of the fact there is no images with this review but some are being sorted out. Enjoy
Old 01-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome review! An interesting and unique take on a newbie's view of the game. Very enjoyable to read.
TGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Thank you very much Ginge
I found it quite difficult to review this being as im not really a footie nut but i suprised myself and actually enjoyed it!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

"If not, in short, grab the ball, run up to the other end of the pitch and bang the ball into the opponent’s goal. Simple."

Please please please in future refrain from describing football as like this, its almost insulting

Anyhow interesting review cheers

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Slow lunch break. Thanks for the review. Spotted a couple observations that may help you.

Quote:
Style & Grammar Nazi:
  • Try to be consistent with your capitalisation. You use “football” in the opening line, yet capitalise it in the second paragraph.
  • Opening line misses its paragraphing as does the paragraph “controlling what’s happening/Tackling is done.”

Error / Readability Nazi (cross reference these with the review):
  • First paragraph: “It was time for to me to leave my”
  • Third paragraph: “There is a lot of choice ; a frightening amount of choice (remove) for a football newcomer!”
  • Fourth paragraph: “a one off”
  • Fifth paragraph: “the option to receive data would be to receive Playstation 3 data?
  • General word order issues I can’t be bothered to point out – after all it is your own writing style.

Content Nazi:
  • It’s a Sports game, not a Simulation.
  • It’s a PES 2010 review, yet there’s box art for PES 09?
  • When you discuss the amount of fixtures, your review gives the impression that you have to play all 96 matches in the Champions League, rather than just the ones with your chosen team. Am I getting needlessly confused?
  • Thanks for explaining the huge amount of menus and your process of navigating them, as well as how football is played – but how does the actual game play? You mention the AI and how the player selection occurs, but it would have been nice to have less padding and more analysis.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
Angelfromabove

Antlion

ok, plat, im not gonna change that, thats how i see football and its my review so tough luck if its offencive.

snoozer, maybe you should put your nazi skills into proof reading, were a little thin on the ground of them, hence the mistakes you have picked up.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
Angelfromabove

Antlion

also i will change the box art now, thanks for noticeing that i must have pressed save on the wrong image
Old 01-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough, we both have our opinions, I am a avid football fan and you have stated clearly that you are not, hence why I said that, being a review on a Football game I find it odd that the reviewer has such a limited appreciation of the game.
Still like TGK said it does give a unique perspective on the game.
Its your review and your right to put what you like in it even if people are (only slightly) offended by it, may I suggest though for future reviews of this type checking out a little more background on the subject, should help with the review

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017

Last edited by Platinum; 01-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Fair enough, we both have our opinions, I am a avid football fan and you have stated clearly that you are not, hence why I said that, being a review on a Football game I find it odd that the reviewer has such a limited appreciation of the game.
Still like TGK said it does give a unique perspective on the game.
Its your review and your right to put what you like in it even if people are (only slightly) offended by it, may I suggest though for future reviews of this type checking out a little more background on the subject, should help with the review

thanks for understanding plat :] i was the only person availiable at the time to review it hence why it was done by me and not by a avid footballer.

ill take your points on board and apologise for my attitude regarding the first post :d
Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
snoozer, maybe you should put your nazi skills into proof reading, were a little thin on the ground of them, hence the mistakes you have picked up.
Heh. I am helping out with the L4D 2 mini site at the moment and sadly that's enough free help I can give.

It's also the fact that when you spend the day working in PR, coming home and doing more writing / proofing isn't exactly top of the cards. For example, I just spend 3 hours subbing a reviewers guide. Fun.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
Platinum
raggggggggge

No worrys, Dont normally post in review threads but being a fan this one caught my eye, so sorry on my part if it looks like anyone has been singled out here, just thought my 2p needed to be added