GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Media

Old 28-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Torralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura about
Gaming Society for Gamers

Hi all,

Very long time no speak. Hope you're well. Thought I'd pop back on here and see what you're all up to. Also, I had an idea I'd like to run passed you if that's ok. This was the most relevant place to post I thought.

I was looking for a gaming society in London, a place to meet up and talk about gaming. Might not be everybody’s bag, but thought I'd look. Nothing about really unless you like backgammon or bridge. Now, I'm not an avid gamer (I don’t get the time) but I do live in London and like to play when I can, I also like to chat about games and the industry and where we see it going.

Then an idea popped into my head. There are conferences, speakers and events where gaming industry folk can get together and discuss media, marketing strategies and industrial trend and how they can affect and in turn, be effected by it all. But it was just the industry and £290 a ticket.

This wouldn’t include the likes of you and I, the gamer. So what if we were given that opportunity to chat to all those people. For instance, what if we had an auditorium of 500 gamers and some media listening to the Valve team about their latest project or the Half Life saga for instance. A chance to ask questions, see demonstrations of gaming and maybe listen to the soundtrack being played live. You see these mini ‘Expos’ as they’re called at the conventions. A small stage with someone being interviewed for 5mins about their latest release. Well what if that was to take place every month? Different companies, games, ideas, demonstrations and talks but intimate with a chance for you to ask any question you had about their product or story. Is that something that, if it was free, you’d be interested in attending?

This was a brain burp but I thought sod it.. why not? I can find out about it and if I get to a point where I find there’s no demand. I’d simply stop. It wouldn’t be my time wasted though.

Let me know if you had any thoughts or previous experiences around this sort of thing. I’d love to make something happen.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Torralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura about
Re: Gaming Society for Gamers

*cough* *look over here*... any thoughts at all?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting idea, but I wonder what interest you'd get from the industry side? *ONLY* 500 gamers turning up to ask them possibly awkward questions whilst not making money off it?

Call me Cynical f you will .....

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute

And congrats on quietly notching up 10 years on the quiet btw

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
And congrats on quietly notching up 10 years on the quiet btw
Skillz
Old 08-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
Interesting idea, but I wonder what interest you'd get from the industry side? *ONLY* 500 gamers turning up to ask them possibly awkward questions whilst not making money off it?

Call me Cynical f you will .....
I was thinking that they'd be some media there as well and we could start with a discussion panel or debate around the industry. Get the experts to tell us where it’s going, what to look out for, give us feedback on latest releases and then they can jump into some sort of interactive demonstration.

A pal of mine does it for an organisation called the London Irish Business Society. Pulls a load of Irish folk into an auditorium in London, has a guest speaker and they discuss and debate the Irish economy or whatever the subject might be. He had Willie Walsh (British Airways CEO) as a guest speaker last year and everyone was really keen to meet him. It’s well organised and the Irish Times are always in attendance.

That’s more of a business networking event. I’m looking more for Magazine Editors, Gaming students, gaming enthusiasts and those from the industry to discuss and share. Gaming companies could use it as a marketing tool with all the magazine/ internet reporters attending (if that were the case) and the audience could use it as a chance to meet and greet, see what the other experts are up to, listen in awe because it’s cool or introduce themselves/ their portfolio for advice and tips etc.

Just another forum for like-minded individuals to get together and talk about the things they love – games in this case.. not teh p0rn!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate, hope you are doing well, really long time no see.

There is some things in the pipeline which we are working with another company on (which I am not allowed to talk about openly)
There is room in the market place for stuff like this, we have grown in to quite a large gaming company now (LANs being a only a small part of what we do now)

If you are interested in talking over some ideas, give me a shout on Skype or we can even meet up on TeamSpeak on evening.
Skype = GORasher

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
If you are interested in talking over some ideas, give me a shout on Skype or we can even meet up on TeamSpeak on evening.
Skype = GORasher
This.

Mostly cause he'll stop calling me then
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
CraigBaum

Scanner

CraigBaum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey gamers! I want to watch your battle. You can play games but if you are a student you have to study sometime! haha)) Listen, People, I knew one internet resource where professional writers will do your homework . I use it when I don't have time on my studying!LOL!)))
CraigBaum is offline   Reply With Quote