GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Xbox & Xbox 360

Xbox & Xbox 360 Covers discussions on anything Xbox related.

Old 24-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Xbox 720

Semiaccurate are pretty scating :

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/04/24/w...g-on-the-xbox/

Does look like the PS4 is shaping up to be the better machine though.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of
Re: Xbox 720

(I need to point out I haven't read the full article - as clever as their fanboy-baiting tactic may be, I'm not paying a subscription to read the rest )

I was thinking about writing a big intelligent reply including why I think *all* the new consoles are going to suck a big bag of floppy donkey wangs, and then I noticed the only sources that article links to are within it's own website. So, er, yeah. No need, I reckon.

My concern with the new Xbox is that they've been pushing this "media system" nonsense for a long time. I don't *need* a media system. In my home I have a DVD player, I have two consoles, three computers, two smartphones and a f**king microwave that could stream Netflix if I wanted it to, I have countless ways of playing music, and I simply don't need to fork out hundreds of bucks for a slightly fancier way of doing these things.

I stuck with my PS2 for a long time before upgrading to the current generation of gaming. You can bet your last penny I'll be doing the same with my Xbox.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of SemiAccurate but that article is rubbish. It launches a tirade against the Xbox for focusing more on media and less on games, so I assume they have a similar article pointing out the PS4's complete wankery that is 'SHARE EVERYTHING. PLAY GAMES SOMETIMES BUT SHARE!'?

You have one console focusing on media and another focusing on social media and you have to pick the worst? Tough call.

I looked into their front-page where I saw "GDC this year made one thing clear, Sony wins the next generation console race, period." Reason for this? Media. Did they claim the PS3 was a failure last round of console releases? I mean, Sony was all about the PS3 being a media centre.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I do think Microsoft are loosing there way of late and I have yet to hear anything really great about the new Xbox never mind anything that will beat out the PS4.

So far for me the PS4 has it right and is looking like it will be the better console in terms of hardware and software / feature set.

Will have to wait until May 21st but it will have to be something special to beat out the PS4 at this point for me.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I couldn't give any fucks about their features and the extras. I'll judge them how I've always judged consoles, by the games I can play on them. I never once used the Blu-ray player on the PS3 to play a film and I never once used the 360's DVD drive for a film. I bought them to play games on and neither console can be judged, good or bad, until the console itself is released with a healthy dose of games to choose from. Fair play to others judging already if they're interested in that side of it but it does nothing for me.

If the 720 has better games I'll get that at some point; if the PS4 has games that appeal to me more I'll get that instead. They can take their media controllers and Facebook integration out altogether for as much as I'd care to use it. My PC always has and always will handle that kind of guff better than a console will.
Old 25-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
I did use the PS3 to play blu-rays, but as a media centre? No thanks.

Remember though, there are people out there who don't have a PC - so a lot of the social/sharing/media features will be new to them.

Still - judge a console on it's games first and it's other functions second.
Old 25-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Dead Alive

Antlion

Indeed, like I said, fair play to anyone interested in that side of it, but it's not a thing that will ever matter to me. If a console doesn't have any games that interest me I won't get it, no matter how many other things they make it do.

I also still think that site is complete tat unless they ripped the PS3 to shreds for being a media centre, arguably above a gaming machine at times, and the PS4 for its ridiculous notion that everybody wants to use Facebook when playing games. It's easy to dissect anything and make it sound crap, doing it with one machine and not another, however, is blatant trawling for hits.
Old 25-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

I get that people don't have a PC, but for the cost of a brand new console you can easily buy a cheap laptop or something similar.

The thing that concerns me is the heavy emphasis on gimmicks. While I think it's safe to say Sony have kept quiet with their Move stuff, Microsoft still bring out stuff for the Kinect as if it's some great innovation we should all be blowing them for creating. I would throw down money and say the next Xbox will feature "enhanced Kinectability, ha ha ha ha."

I'm not buying a Wii-U purely on the basis of that damn controller being the stupidest thing I've seen since the Virtual Boy. Give me a controller and a few decent games and I'm happy, otherwise I'll have to join the ranks of you weird KB+M players
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Since I got a PC, I don't use my consoles for anything other than local sofa play. Even then, I've been known to hook my 360 controllers up to the PC.

I know have a PS3, an Xbox 360, a Wii and a PC. The Wii hasn't been touched since about a month after purchase, and the Xbox and PS3 are used for review purposes only. I couldn't give a shit about whether or not they can play Blu-ray's or stream Netflix. My TV can stream Netflix and anything else I want it to.

As DA has said, I use them for the games and, as of late, the PC has always come up on top for me.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

As much as we all speculate and compare hardware, features etc, its going to come down to one thing, and thats which one the kids on the schoolyard pick to play CoD on. Its a grim way to look at it, but its just the way it is.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #11
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Xbox. Has a bigger follower atm from kids who have friends with one so they need one.

They'll just migrate over.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote