GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > MMO

Old 25-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of
RF Online now F2P

Although theres nothing to indicate it on there site, RF Online has changed to a F2P model now, currently no item mall or credit purchases although i expect there will be in the future as they have done with Archlord.

RFO is a futuristic anime style mmo in which 3 races battle in mass PVP for a central mine which brings the race benefits for a time period until the next mass battle. I played it for quite a while at one point and played endgame, good fun and quite an arcade feel in battle for an mmo.

To get a copy you use a trial key and then it auto changes to an unlimited play account

Get your cd key here (ignore the trial info, it's obsolete now):
http://www.tryrfonline.com/request-key.php

Make your account here (or add to your existing if you have one):
https://cogaccounts.codemasters.com/
Now add the key to your account en open the subscription. (F2P ofc!)

Then download the client here:
http://files.filefront.com/RFOnline...;/fileinfo.html
http://www.xfire.com/files/1549/RF%2...ient%20(Full)/
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute
umm good old rf days

you still playing this exo or not???

would love to get a few people together and play on proper servers with normal drops
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of
Im going back hell yes Not going to be as hardcore as i used to be tho, couple of hours a day i expect, EVE is still my main game and will be for a long time.

Made a Bellato Warrior for now, name Ex0, always wanted to drive a BMAU when i had a Cora char so this is my chance now
Old 30-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Omegaice

Zombie

Omegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enough
ooh wicked, might have to get that, it was quite good last time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/omegaice/
Omegaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light
This any good? want to get into another MMPORG as I don't really want to touch the warcrak again for now.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
tried it for a little bit and it sucked

-controls are shite (click to move, function keys for abilities - give me WASD and number keys damnit!)
-poorly translated tutorial (wouldn't let me continue until I had put a specific skill into the correct slot, but none of the skills available had the same name as the one it wanted)
-having to run back to a vendor every 30 seconds because every mob drops about 50 thousand items but my bag space is the equivalent of a small pocket and another bag costs stupid amounts (it would appear the currency is slightly less valuable than 1 ISK)
-get given first quest upon starting, having completed that do I get another? no. how about getting told where to go to get another? nope. any instructions of what I should try and do next? not a sausage. Quit & Uninstall
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
tried it for a little bit and it sucked

-controls are shite (click to move, function keys for abilities - give me WASD and number keys damnit!)
but you can use wasd keys infact i am using them in all the time

Quote:
-poorly translated tutorial (wouldn't let me continue until I had put a specific skill into the correct slot, but none of the skills available had the same name as the one it wanted)

that was fixed in a update as when i did the new tutorial its works

Quote:
-having to run back to a vendor every 30 seconds because every mob drops about 50 thousand items but my bag space is the equivalent of a small pocket and another bag costs stupid amounts (it would appear the currency is slightly less valuable than 1 ISK)
Drops on regular servers are less then custom servers as well as you get a second bag after your 2nd mission

Quote:
-get given first quest upon starting, having completed that do I get another? no. how about getting told where to go to get another? nope. any instructions of what I should try and do next? not a sausage. Quit & Uninstall
That werid maybe yet another update seeing as i have no problems with any quests that i have done one after the other have been coming up. I would seriously give this another go beanz trust me it plays nice and for free you cant complain
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si^ View Post
but you can use wasd keys infact i am using them in all the time
Where are these mystical hidden control options then?
Quote:
that was fixed in a update as when i did the new tutorial its works
So why did I have that problem last night then? Managed to get passed it in the end by guessing
Quote:
Drops on regular servers are less then custom servers as well as you get a second bag after your 2nd mission
Dread to think how many drops there must be on a private server then
Quote:
That werid maybe yet another update seeing as i have no problems with any quests that i have done one after the other have been coming up.
Just tried starting another character, still no second quest
Quote:
I would seriously give this another go beanz trust me it plays nice and for free you cant complain
I did, and it still sucked
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #9
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light
Will give it a go tonight anyway, and see what happens with all these points for you beanz.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #10
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
Fail 2 Play?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

What are you guys expecting exactly from a game thats had to goto a free2play model? Its not going to be of amazingly high standards is it?

Me, Si and Omega played this in japanese for a long time, try working out things then

Its basically a sci-fi equivalent of Lineage2. The whole concept of RF is endgame PVP. You level grind as fast as possible, not really via questing much, and end up with your 50 toon and slotted upgraded weaponary, maybe a mech, siege launcher, summoned pets/demons, depending on your race, then kick some ass in large scale close combat pvp, thats about all there is to it.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #12
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

Right I got through the Tutorial, the game then crashed...and now it won't start up. I can't be arsed to uninstall it, and then re-upgrade it all over again tbh.