GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > GameOn Projects > GOTask / GOLive Event Program

GOTask / GOLive Event Program Please give feed back on any problems with this program (Currently beta invite only)

Old 17-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
Omegaice

Zombie

Omegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enoughOmegaice will become famous soon enough
Feedback

There doesnt seem to be any actual thread for it so i'l start one.

The program looks nice although the only thing that I dont like is the icons for the events, they overlap the text and make it difficult to read. I would suggest having the icon on its own then when you click the date it tells you what is going on or make more space for the icons and text.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/omegaice/
Omegaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i would agree an icon on its own might work

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
is the minimize supposed to send it to the bottom of the screen rather than minimizing to the taskbar?
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Have to agree with Omega and Rash

How about when you hover over the icon it gives you the info rather then haveing it as it is now?
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz
is the minimize supposed to send it to the bottom of the screen rather than minimizing to the taskbar?
Thanks for reporting the problem, this has been resolved in v1.0.0.1
L33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
If the window looses focus, double clicking on the taskbar icon doesn't restore the window.

I would say that whenever the window is minimized, it should close the the taskbar icon.

in v1.0.0.1 when you click the taskbar for the program... it doesn't minimum/restore the window.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
ignore me....
Old 17-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Beanz
Super Moderator

clicking on About brings up the debug console
Old 17-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
How about when its finished installing it gives you the option to run program now?

Also do you think you could add the time next to the date?

And when I get a popup like the one below is it possible to add a date and time?

Sorry if I sound like im being picky your doing a fantastic job m8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gotask.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	13368  

Last edited by Nex; 17-06-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 17-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #10
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
How about when its finished installing it gives you the option to run program now?
Yes this will be added asap, its supposed to do that now but macrovision installshield sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Also do you think you could add the time next to the date?
Where do you mean? can you elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
And when I get a popup like the one below is it possible to add a date and time?
<embarassed>This has now been solved</embarassed>. That small popup dialog was just something I threw in for debug purposes. The actual skinned notification windows look like this (and are now enabled in v1.0.0.2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Sorry if I sound like im being picky your doing a fantastic job m8.
Not at all dude this is why we're running a beta test, thanks for the feedback
Old 17-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33
Where do you mean? can you elaborate
Does this help
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gotask Time.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	13369  
Old 17-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #12
Beanz
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Does this help
that's the current date, you too lazy to look at the clock or something?
Old 17-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #13
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
I know this is early days for the program... but can you explain why its got such a large memory footprint already? Is this something to do with .NET?

It would be nice to see it using less resources if the application is to be running 24/7.

Attached is how much it was using after start up v1.0.0.2
Attached Images

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Old 17-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #14
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Can you add an option to be able to disable it at startup, and can you make the startup a registry settings and not a common startup folder item?

Achtung Baby!

Old 17-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #15
L33

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Does this help
Sorry to be captain obvious here, but you know that you can click on each of the event icons and full details (including time) will be shown in the panel to the left of the calendar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-Kyle
Can you add an option to be able to disable it at startup, and can you make the startup a registry settings and not a common startup folder item?
Yes this can be done, there are going to be quite a few changes made to the installer by the time it reaches public release. I hate installshield so I may look at using something else.

RE: memory usage: This will be looked at and the app will be optimized as much as possible, the main goal being to get everything stable and working first, then optimize afterwards. I'm hoping to reduce memory usage by at least 50% by public release.
Old 17-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #16
Milky

Antlion

Milky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud of
Fantastic app so far, most of the things i've seen have been looked at already.

One thing that hasnt been mentioned is resizing the window.

Reducing the size is fine, works a treat.. However if I try to enlarge it to say 1024x768 (or there abouts) the outline shows it at 1024x768ish but the actual application maxes out at a much smaller size.

If you then try to resize it again, the outline reappears to the size you set previously.

I'd post screenshots, but i'm using a sodding apple mac keyboard. I'll try to find a proggy to do it.!

WE GOT TEH 1!!!!!!!! VAAAUUUNNNTTTT!!!!!!
Milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #17
Beanz
Super Moderator

something like this you mean...?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	13372  
Old 17-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #18
Milky

Antlion

Milky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud of
Yessir!

WE GOT TEH 1!!!!!!!! VAAAUUUNNNTTTT!!!!!!
Milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #19
Beanz
Super Moderator

minor nitpick... is it possible to reduce the gap between date and time on an event, it's not as if the date is going to get any bigger
Attached Images

Old 18-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #20
L33

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Does this help
That shows the currently selected date. It is not ideal to have the time for the event shown as if there is more than one event on that day... well you can see what i'm getting at

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanZ
minor nitpick... is it possible to reduce the gap between date and time on an event, it's not as if the date is going to get any bigger
Fix implemented, will be in v1.0.0.4