GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 08-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute
Duke on Valve's website?

I never saw it first hand, but was linked to the screenshot. Always good to have a little Duke conspiracy every now and then. E3?

EDIT: It's still not DNF, that's still dead.

EDIT EDIT: After actually reading the thing I just linked, I can't take it seriously. Now I'm hoping the screenshot is a fake and Duke is dead properly.

Last edited by Dead Alive; 08-06-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Flarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the rough
Re: Duke on Valve's website?

FAKE, already been scrutinized by all camps.
Flarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Duke it real
one day... he will come back
dont mock the Duke

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Duke'll come back and shoot the **** out of everything with a gun that launches tanks.

I'm glad it's fake then, that article worried me for the future of Duke. And Freeman.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Duke Forever you say?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Dead Alive

Antlion

If that 3DR guy didn't want to constantly restart building it and add every new feature that was appearing in games, we could have been playing that.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Flarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the rough

yes unfortunately we have all lost out on a true duke 3d sequel due to the incompetence off george broussard , apparently it was near completion when take two refused to give them any more money though.
Flarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
Dead Alive

Antlion

As far as I'm aware, it was nearly completed several times. Someone posted a link to an interesting article on here a while back, that said everytime the game was near completion, he'd want to go back to scratch to implement a new tech or a new feature he'd seen in a newly released game.

I can't actually blame Take Two for stopping the funds. He blew a large sum of his own money on it too I think.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
If that 3DR guy didn't want to constantly restart building it and add every new feature that was appearing in games, we could have been playing that.
That and the numerous other sequels they would have made over the years .

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote