GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
Website needed...(FAO Bobster in particular)

Hi guys, the other half is starting up a talent management business and is in need of a website being made.

It's obviously not going to come at zero cost and she wants quality.

Just wondering who does paid work and if you have any examples of what you've done in the past and the type of fees you've charged.

To give some examples of the kind of thing she's looking for you can visit....

http://www.ibizadjmanagement.co.uk
http://snuggg.com
http://07800management.com/

She obviously has a lot of ideas herself that she'd want integrated into the design so a conversation would have to be had directly with her.

If this is something of interest drop me a reply here...
Old 11-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Website needed...(FAO Bobster in particular)

That first link is foul.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

She could go for something simple to use yet very effective such as Word Press.

Otherwise if she's looking for specific website design then djdawson does this - the GameGrin website (not the LAN/gallery/forum but the actual decent looking stuff) is designed and maintained by him, as well as doing the job full time so he's got plenty of experience and knowledge of what she'd be after.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Maintained. Lol.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Maintained. Lol.
If it bugs out, he sorts it out, that's 'maintained'. :P
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

What about "actually getting around to finishing the new version"?

Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in London end of the month - can pop in and discuss stuff on Sunday night?
Old 13-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyStoat View Post
the GameGrin website (not the LAN/gallery/forum but the actual decent looking stuff)
He SHOULD be doing the LAN, I think I didn't do a bad job considering I'm not a front end person!

Can't offer any services myself, too much going on and current job don't allow it Could offer some names on people that do some amazing work if you are ok with an 'up north' freelancer
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
I'm in London end of the month - can pop in and discuss stuff on Sunday night?
Bob that sounds perfect.

I've been trying to find some examples of work that you've done to show her, she's quite particular but will obviously be greatful of guidance and suggestions on what is going to be the most effective for what she wants to do.
Old 13-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
He SHOULD be doing the LAN, I think I didn't do a bad job considering I'm not a front end person!
He most probably is - but I've no idea what he is actually working on, I just know "It's the web site". :P And yes you did a darn good job, much better than the old system!
Old 13-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyStoat View Post
you did a darn good job
I wouldn't go that far
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Jamz

Antlion

I'm getting email notifications for this thread as its quite important, so if you could kindly take your off topic posts somewhere else it would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 14-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Off topic like this?
Old 14-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you not get my PM Jamz?
Old 15-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
sprite

Fast Headcrab

sprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nicesprite is just really nice

I need a poo.
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Jamz

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
Did you not get my PM Jamz?
i replied mate...
Old 15-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz (rupert) View Post
i replied mate...
Update is with you