GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

View Poll Results: Do you think Moon Landing was fake?
Yes : its Fake 16 32.65%
NO : its Real 26 53.06%
I dont give a *^$% 7 14.29%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-03-2003, 07:23 PM   #21
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Boff
The temperature in celcius is in fact 138plus in the sun and 171 minus on the dark side.
Scientists kind have of known that the temperature of space can be as cold as -273(absolute zero) and as bloody hot as it likes.
Now I don't see NASA knowing this and sending bog standard kodak film up into space.
As i remember this - they did Boff
also the cameras was strapped to there chests which is why a lot of people have complained about the angles of the photos. It was 35mm flim used.

at the end of the day i will take anything thrown at me on this
if people can keep searching on net there is lot more to be shown i am sure.
Today i came across a site that said NASA is currently putting something together to prove its not fake,
if they are that great i would be one of the 1st to look at it.

I have always believed in the space program till a couple of years ago, i am hopping this can change.
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #22
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
OMG Rash!
Rearrange these words into a popular phrase or saying:

OF, WORMS, CAN, OPENED, YOU, A

I take my hat off to the arguments and points you have all made.
But, the only thing I can see is that all the talking and hole-picking where the pics are concerned will lead us nowhere.

I recon, for every thing wrong with the pics, there will be an expert somewhere who will tell you the reasons why they are correct.

I personally believe it happened for real. My reason...Some people believe in God!? if they don't need evidence, neither do I
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #23
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĆ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
cute link from the manufactures of the camera and their claim about the max and min temperatures the camera was designed to handle.
http://www.hasselblad.com/company/HB....asp?secId=584

The talk only about the camera, but not about the film,
but if the camera was designed to handle this condition, I'm pretty convinced it was designed to also protect the film inside it too.

This is a cute one,

it recreates the photographic errors.
Descrepencies of shadows etc.
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/i...ard/moon01.htm

and another, this is about being able to ping the moon with a laser,
Quote:
From 1969 to 1972, six Apollo missions sent 12 astronauts to the Moon's surface. The astronauts gathered lunar rocks and soil and brought them back to Earth. They also left behind four special mirrors aimed at Earth. Astronomers at The University of Texas McDonald Observatory and elsewhere use these reflectors to determine the exact distance between Moon and Earth. They do this by beaming pulses of laser light to the Moon and measuring the time it takes for the light to reflect back to Earth. This technique has established the exact distance from Earth to the Moon to within a fraction of an inch.
http://stardate.org/resources/ssguide/moon.html
Old 20-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #24
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
i beliveve sin chase posted this link

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2003, 11:14 PM   #25
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
*Boff*

Nice1 for link
not found much on the net about that

keep em links coming pls
i duno about everyone else but i am reading all of the links that are posted.
Some dam good ones in some of these.
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2003, 11:49 PM   #26
Buffy

Fast Headcrab

Buffy is on a distinguished roadBuffy is on a distinguished roadBuffy is on a distinguished roadBuffy is on a distinguished roadBuffy is on a distinguished roadBuffy is on a distinguished roadBuffy is on a distinguished road
At the time I dont think they did I beleive it was a fake since then yes they have landed.

There was actually a program on tv a while back about this and the arguements for it being a fake were far more convincing that those to say it was real.

If the apocalypse comes.....beep me
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #27
Minister Rik

Manhack

Minister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished road
There is proof that we landed on the moon.
Moon rock.
1: It has been proved that it could NOT have come from Earth.
2: It has been proved that it CANNOT be an meteorite as the atmosphere would have done summat to it. (Can't rememebr what)

So its from somewhere else. If not the moon then where?
They aint gunna land on Mars and pretend it was the moon now are they!
...The Minister...

Never employ a mentally challenged Gnome. Its not big, and its not clever.
Minister Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2003, 06:31 AM   #28
Hdb

Manhack

Hdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enough
I believe we did land on the moon. Possibly one of mans greatest achievements a fake?

People look to hard into subjects like this trying to pick faults and try to prove it was a hoax.
Hdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2003, 11:00 PM   #29
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
i've been holding off on posting on here, i've read most of the links, and looked at the pictures long and hard!!

To be perfectly honest, i still believe that we did land on the moon.

Im no camera expert or physicist or anything, but it looks to me that a lot of the "bad shadows" can be accounted for by ripples in the moon dust creating a shadow rather than it being that of the flag or whatever.

However, my flat mate brought some other "lunar anomalies" to my attention last year when we were in halls...check it out, what do you think to this

My views, no one else's

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 7x400 @ 2.8Ghz // Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro // 4Gb Crucial Ballistix PC6400 1:1 5-5-5-18 // Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 // BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675/1950/1674 // 750Gb Total Storage // LG 194WT 19" Widescreen Monitor
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 09:06 AM   #30
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĆ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
THE SPACE RACE IS BACK.
Who will be the first to establish a quick and easy route to the moon. We are talking fast, costly, returns if anything interesting is found, instead of slow economic, chaotic slingshot courses)

In one corner we have the europeans,
2003 mission
more links same flight
(It's using a f'cking ION engine!!!!!!)

This flight has been delayed due to probs with the ariana rocket,
all due to english workmanship
english glitch found

but everything is okay now.
Ariana working

in the other we have Japan,
Japans 2003 attempt to drill into the moon
2006 mission

in the other we have china (just gotten started but I'm sure they'll catch up soon)
crashed and burned man

And finally the americans.
Lunar fact sheets with future and current missions to the moon.

This is the same fact sheet posted a while back, but since returning to the moon has apparently been deamed popular by the corporate led media, I thought I would regurgitate some of the stuff previously written.

I remember seeing a program on nuclear Fusion once,
apparently they 'believe' that a specific 'type' of helium atom Heluim-3, can be found in abundance on the moon, but not on the Earth. This Helium 3 is apparently hot stuff for sucessful Nuclear Fusion.

Last edited by Boff; 10-04-2003 at 09:12 AM.
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 07:20 PM   #31
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold
Geez i must of missed this first time round (poss due to being off the net at the time - ah well)

OK, so in my opinion NASA did land on the moon.

And that they did take photo's there, they also collected rock's from the moon (and suchforth)

But for the 'Fake' stuff, ok some of it looks dodgy and suspect but as Boff has stated it CAN b all explained (and some stuff imo is so blatently made up JUST to try and make ppl believe it IS a fake)

The only way ppl r going to believe NASA went is to ACTUALLY be there at the time (any 1 got a time machine handy?) or go up with the next mission.. (Hmm idea )

Also the future technology looks straight out of Star Trek, but then again if it DOES work y not! It might of been 'Born' in Sci-Fi but that's not to say it can't exist in reality (any1 remember michaelangelo doing things to do with FLYING of all crazy things?!?)

Only my views anyway

(Oh and I DID read all the posts, aint i a nutt0r )

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:03 PM   #32
Weasy

Barnacle

Weasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this point
They probably forgot the camera

Had to fake it when they got back Š]

Weasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #33
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough
Whoop Whoop - it's the thread necro police !!

Poll Vote Necto FTL !

..... except that - it's Rashers fault
Old 05-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #34
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Whoops, twas me who voted and necro'd

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #35
Captain Scarlet

Barnacle

Captain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Scarlet has a spectacular aura about
I believe that they went to the moon and like alot of things, people want to see images from the moon, and I think that they probably touched up loads of photos to make them impress the worlds population and more importantly the dumb senators that were voting on their budget
Captain Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #36
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Torralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura about
What....man's been on the moon.....news to me! I don't know, the steam engine's only really been in a week and we're already in space - they'll create a 360 next............!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #37
Losty

Human Grunt

Losty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the rough
The moon doesn't exist. Go back to your cave Rasher.
Losty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #38
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
i just read this whole thread before realising it was necroed. very interesting. i even positive repped one of Boff's post for it being an interesting read
Old 06-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #39
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losty
The moon doesn't exist. Go back to your cave Rasher.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #40
Boff

Bullsquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by monger
i just read this whole thread before realising it was necroed. very interesting. i even positive repped one of Boff's post for it being an interesting read

I think we should ask monger to leave gameon.

No one has EVER stated my posts are interesting to read