GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Prism

So then, whats peoples thoughts? pretty scary stuff if you ask me, im scared that I am surprised!
Will be interesting for the cloud for one I think.

Rasher, interested to hear your thoughts on this one.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prism

Only thing that surprises me is how surprised everyone else seems to be.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

If they have been doing this for years, I'm sure they've got enough data from me already, there's not much point in me up and moving all of my useless data from one Social Network to another, or my cloud services to another.

If they're collecting data, I'm sure it's for something slightly more useful than "Fucking pirates, stealing our fucking movies". Don your tin hat, if you must, but I honestly couldn't care less about it.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
If they have Don your tin hat, if you must, but I honestly couldn't care less about it.
This worry's more than what the US is doing tbh, this seems to be a common theme with the younger generation.

You wouldn't be happy if they put a CCTV camera in your living room would you?

This is the digital equivalent.

Sure they have data that I have uploaded in the past, however I can control what information gets out there in the future, I will for one be doing this, and trying my best to limit the amount of my data that is stored within the US.

Once they realize they can get away with this what next?, the people need to say now that enough is enough, we still want our privacy, doesn't matter if its in our own house or online.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
If they have been doing this for years, I'm sure they've got enough data from me already, there's not much point in me up and moving all of my useless data from one Social Network to another, or my cloud services to another.
Does that make it right though, does that give them the right to keep spying on you and snooping through all your data?
If anyone comes back with the old shit of "Well if you have nothing to hide" then ill be doing a lot of this

Old 10-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you have nothing to hide...

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your point, Plat, and I know it's a different generations view point, but I am on the fence. I am okay with them gathering data for statistical and safety purposes. Yes, if they go "actually, to be safe, we have to restrict the fuck out of the internet after what we've discovered and we'd also like your mother's cup size" then I'd be pissed, naturally.

However, for people that say "they're monitoring shit!" I say "well, duh". I agree with Cronos when he says he's surprised that people are surprised. You didn't think that the US government would just let people wander around the internet freely, do you? It's the fucking US government, the people that say you can't take nail clippers onto a plane but give you a metal knife and fork in first class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Well if you have nothing to hide...
I lol'd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_boyscout_poking_a_bear_by_Fluffely_fluffluf.png
Views:	21
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	23964
Old 10-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Platinum

Tentacle

They are copying everything, not just stuff thats been flagged, everything and keeping logs of it, that cant be acceptable?

Old 10-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
They are copying everything, not just stuff thats been flagged, everything and keeping logs of it, that cant be acceptable?
Acceptable - not really.
Will I change what I do - probably not.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
Acceptable - not really.
Will I change what I do - probably not.
They have already won.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Only thing that surprises me is how surprised everyone else seems to be.

snap...

General population - OMG they are stealing all my Interweb secrets!!!!

Me - err yea, been going on since the early 90s....
Old 10-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice

P.s I never got a metal knife and fork in business class
Old 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #13
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised if anyone thinks anything they do on the web is private.

Have fun snooping through my emails, government. If anything interesting pops up let me know. I've too many addresses to keep track of.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah didn't surprise me tbh.

I've advised for a LONG time customers don't email/web store/post anything they didn't want public/government knowledge.

Once it leaves your network, you don't know where its been.

When a current customer wanted to out source their emails to Google, i just laughed.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute

If there watching me they best have a strong stomach. thats all i can say
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #16
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

And the award for greatest filename goes to...

Code:
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/imjustkiddingobamathisisonlyalittlejokedontputmeonanywatchlistswhosthatknockingonmydoorwaitnonononohelloamericanothingtoseeherekeepconsumingkeepenjoyingthekardashians.png
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imjustkiddingobamathisisonlyalittlejokedontputmeonanywatchlistswhosthatknockingonmydoorwaitnonon.png
Views:	24
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	23966  
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #17
snaggs

Manhack

HAH
Old 12-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #18
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

I run things like HTTPS everywhere and truecrypt for personal data, any other information they could possibly get a hold of isn't anything thats not already all over the net. Although I don't like having to take back my own privacy through encryption.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
Platinum

Tentacle

Privacy should be a given not something you have to fight for, its a shame the new generation that have been brought up with the internet have no concept of this.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

im pretty sure in law a "Reasonable expectation" of privacy is stated.

How ever as time passes public view of reasonable has been eroded.

Just because frank down the street doesn't care who know what hes had for breakfast, doesn't me i want everyone to know.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote