GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 18-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
What a load of sh**e

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6666371.stm

I just dont get it, never will.

The only 3 Id consider art are The car on fire, Chairman Mao and the Bansky.

I could be swayed for number 4....

but ffs 3,5 and 8.

nicely done to the artists themselves who are laughing all the way to the bank for what seems like 20 mins of anarchic efforts.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
They're all totally crap. Some of them are maybe 50 quids worth but 36 million quid for a picture of a fapping liquorice allsort? It's all pretentious bollocks. People with far more money than sense trying to be one up on each other.
Betty_Swallocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Do like a bit of Banksy every now and again - when I was in Bristol used to have to pass Mild Mild West on the way into the city centre

Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Do like a bit of Banksy every now and again - when I was in Bristol used to have to pass Mild Mild West on the way into the city centre

I like what Ive seen of Banksy. But because it makes you think. Without sounding like a pretentious tw4t, theres ARE thoughts and meanings behind Banksy stuff.

However, I think his popularity and notoriety is gaining him fame, and while i think his private art selling for thousands isnt going to upset him, i think the fact that his art is being hobnobbed with the rest of the pretentious drivel WILL bother him.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
I should really get into modern art...
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
I should really get into modern art...
why?
Old 18-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
alot of Banksy stuff is very thought provoking.. for that its very good, must also take a fair bit of planning considering the speed with which alot of his stuff goes up..

The Warhole stuff is a joke imo. Not the art, its all too subjective to say what is and isnt art, but the price tags associated are rediculous...
Old 18-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Banksy is a decent artist
Old 18-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #9
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
why?
Make a mint
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Bah, they have nothing on GameOn art tbh

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #11
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
What a load of ****, my GF can paint better than that.
But then again, it's up to the viewers eye and..the fact it's a warhol, put the price up.
Old 18-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
Thora Hird

Houndeye

Thora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enoughThora Hird will become famous soon enough
Hi everybody!… Wickywoo?

Anyway,

I’m a talentless git so I judge these things by
“If I could do that it must be sh*t”

I could definitely do the three you pointed out.

Jackson Pollock = Emperor’s new clothes = sh*t.

Tracy Emin should be here because she’s useless
and needs a wash.

Bye for now then.