GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games

Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games Anything about gaming, any platform

Old 12-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #121
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Re: Elite Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
you don't need any more than a capacity of 4, we can drop 4 canisters of goodies at a time and you can cash them in - 64K in 1 go! 3 drops and you've got yourself 180K
Heh, my Viper currently has 0 cargo space

It'll probably be at least another couple of days before I can hook up with you. Spent all afternoon making the slow journey to the centre of Imperial space.

Wanted to buy a new ship, but didn't want to leave my old one just anywhere, so flew to just outside Achenar, since I plan on doing some work for the Imperials.

Anyhoo, got myself a nice, sparkly new Cobra MKIII, added some basic multicannons and upgraded the shield generator. Kinda broke the bank and have just enough to cover the insurance, so could do with taking a couple of bounties so to fit a better FTL drive and a fuel scoop - which'll save me time in the long run.

After that, got me a nice multitasker to use for general ops while my fighter is tucked up all safe and sound.
Old 13-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #122
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

oops, appologies Jamz - I forgot to log out of TS after i pimped out my Viper3
Old 13-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #123
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

Useful roundtrip for you, taken from the frontier forum.

1. Orrere - Sharon Lee Free Market (Anarchy - they buy everything )
2. Leesti - George Lucas
3. Lave - Lave Station
4. Diso - Shifnalport
5. Uszaa - Guest Installation
6. Zaonce - Ridley Scott

Thats the "Lavecluster"... fill your holds. You get around 70 tonns. Then head out to this destination:

1. HIP 10175 - Stefanyshyn-Piper Station (sell all stuff here its 242 Ly from Lave, so you get max Profit ! )
2. Momus Reach - Tartarus Point
3. Witchhaul - Hornby Terminal
4. Fujin - Futen Spaceport
5. 39 Tauri - Spaceport "Porta"
6. Tarach Tor - Tranquillity
7. Tanmark - Cassie-L-Peia
8. Utagaroar - Fort Klarix
9. Chi Eridani - Steve Masters Station (after this stop my hold is normaly full)
10. George Pantazis - Zakam Platform
11. Epsilon Indi - Mansfield Orbiter
12. Altair - Solo Orbiter
13. Xihe - Zhen Dock
Old 14-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #124
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
Having gone through the above route in roughly 2.5 hours, I can confirm I made just shy of 2million credits.

My laden jump size is 21lys, and I can carry 56t in my cobra currently. I also had to skip the last three stations due to being at capacity.

I'm going to do one more run as is then grab a type 6 to do it in to ensure I get maximum profit.

I also sold my scans for a further 50k.

Current trade rank, Merchant.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 14-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #125
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

There's a route where you can make 2mil an hr
Old 14-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #126
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
There's a route where you can make 2mil an hr
Details?
Old 14-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #127
Bobster

Tentacle

Old 14-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #128
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

So, are you guys becoming the Elite "Ferengi" then? lol.
Old 14-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #129
Jamz

Antlion

Just watched that video and I'm confident with a type six the above route I mentioned will dwarf the profit of trading normal commodities.

With 100tonnes the trading of rares will be far more lucrative.

Old 14-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #130
Bobster

Tentacle

you need to find that 100 of rares first!
Old 14-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #131
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

I'm in the Lave cluster now. My Cobra can only pull 12ly laden, right now, but I've got 36 tons of cargo space waiting to be filled with rare goodies.

I'll be back on Friday and will try this route properly, but doubt I'll be grinding trading in the same way you guys are - I'll dip in and out I expect.

I do fancy hitting some conflict zones this weekend if anyone fancies checking them out?
Old 15-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #132
Acelister

Tentacle

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

Has anyone actually managed to progress in the Naval Rank missions? I'm not within 100ly of a system that actually sells personal weapons or non-lethal weapons...

I'm in Hip 13179, which I was excited to see Noakes Dock exports Personal Weapons and was well within my 10ly jump range. So I headed right over, docked and - Personal Weapons aren't even shown on the Commodities Market screen.
Old 15-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #133
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

For a game called "Elite: Dangerous", it doesn't sound very dangerous

"Elite Delivery Simulator 2" might have been a more apt title! :P
Old 15-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #134
Ewok

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
For a game called "Elite: Dangerous", it doesn't sound very dangerous
This is why I'm primarily doing bounty hunting. It may not bring the money in as quick, but it's a lot more fun.

Even on my way to the Lave cluster with a hold half-full of rare goods and a ship not specced for fighting, I stopped to claim a few bounties along the way.
Old 15-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #135
Ewok

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister View Post
Has anyone actually managed to progress in the Naval Rank missions? I'm not within 100ly of a system that actually sells personal weapons or non-lethal weapons...
I suppose it would probably be a bit easy if the required resources were available locally - but no, I've not taken on any of those missions.
Old 15-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #136
Acelister

Tentacle

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

It gives you 1, maybe 2 hours to find and return with the goods. I wasn't expecting local, but I WAS expecting a station "exporting" them to actually have them...

On another note, I regularly check out unidentified signals to see if they're criminals. Made about 30,000 from 4 of them. One was already under attack by three cops, too!
Old 15-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #137
Jamz

Antlion

You can get non lethal weapons from one of the stations on my run, spotted them yesterday and thought the same thing that I'd been asked to get them for the naval mission...

Old 15-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #138
Jamz

Antlion

I'll probably be doing another run through this evening, if I spot them I'll buy as many as I can get...

Old 15-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #139
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 15-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #140
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz (rupert) View Post
Useful roundtrip for you, taken from the frontier forum.

1. Orrere - Sharon Lee Free Market (Anarchy - they buy everything )
2. Leesti - George Lucas
3. Lave - Lave Station
4. Diso - Shifnalport
5. Uszaa - Guest Installation
6. Zaonce - Ridley Scott

Thats the "Lavecluster"... fill your holds. You get around 70 tonns. Then head out to this destination:

1. HIP 10175 - Stefanyshyn-Piper Station (sell all stuff here its 242 Ly from Lave, so you get max Profit ! )
2. Momus Reach - Tartarus Point
3. Witchhaul - Hornby Terminal
4. Fujin - Futen Spaceport
5. 39 Tauri - Spaceport "Porta"
6. Tarach Tor - Tranquillity
7. Tanmark - Cassie-L-Peia
8. Utagaroar - Fort Klarix
9. Chi Eridani - Steve Masters Station (after this stop my hold is normaly full)
10. George Pantazis - Zakam Platform
11. Epsilon Indi - Mansfield Orbiter
12. Altair - Solo Orbiter
13. Xihe - Zhen Dock
fuck still not started this

Jamz can you explain this one a little better? it reads to me as you go to the first one on the first list and buy then to the first on the second and sell, whats the other ones in the lists for?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote