GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 25-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Steam Exploration Sale 2015

Hi all, very long time no speak, hope you are doing good n all! With the dark nights now upon us it's time to settle into some winter PC gaming!

With the 2015 Steam Exploration now underway with eight thousand and seven hundred something games on sale, and what with me being somewhat out of touch with games (except DayZ) the first place I thought of was of course here and you lot!

Any particular highlights you find please feel free to share to help point me in the best direction. Everything and anything goes, though yes I know I will probably get mis-quoted by Plat and/or my Steam cart is probably going to look like Rashers library. I do read game descriptions and watch the trailers but nothing beats a good honest opinion.

From today's featured games I am tempted by:

Cities: Skylines (11.49)- is this like or better than the old Sim City, as I heard the new Sim City is a bit pants?

ARK: Surivial Evolved (13.79) - after spending 260hrs on DayZ I'm somewhat wary of Early Access titles, but I do like the sound of this one. Is this worth a punt or best to wait and focus on something finished?

Elite: Dangerous (9.89) - I'm seeing this as a bit daunting and a time eater, overall is it worth it or too much grinding involved?

GTA V (23.99) - I'm guessing this is a no-brainer.

OK that's page one of the specials, only 348 to go.

Thanks and feels good to be back posting here

POB
Old 26-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
dominoid

Antlion

dominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the rough
Talos principle is quite fun, that's on a good deal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 26-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steam Exploration Sale 2015

Elite: Dangerous is worth a pun at that price, it is a very good game but very complicated, so at least you wont be wasting your money at 9 if you don't enjoy it.

(lo btw)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 26-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
Elite: Dangerous is worth a pun at that price, it is a very good game but very complicated, so at least you wont be wasting your money at 9 if you don't enjoy it.

(lo btw)
Thanks mate. Just picked up Elite, Cities, GTA V, Long Dark and Wolf New Order, so will be a busy winter! Someone at work has Elite and offered to get me started because as you say, it's probably not very POB friendly.

Will also check out Talos Principle
Old 26-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
Elite: Dangerous is worth a pun at that price
Yeah, it's out of this world; absolutely no need to pirate it at this price. Just make sure you've got space on your hard drive, otherwise you might have to try and find another Milky Way to download it...
Old 27-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pob! Long time! Good to see you around.

I picked up Absolute Drift for a shade under 7 the other day. Quite short, but it's one of those "easy to pickup, difficult to master" games.
Old 27-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had much of a look at what's on sale yet but picked up a fun Arkanoid like block breaker called Grey Cubes for the bargain price of 52p.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/371500/

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Old 27-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #8
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Haven't had much of a look at what's on sale yet but picked up a fun Arkanoid like block breaker called Grey Cubes for the bargain price of 52p.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/371500/
That looks like a good bit of fun. Love Arkanoid style games, I'll have this.
Old 28-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #9
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Can't knock Grey Cubes for 52p...and Absolute Drift looks good for the money too. Also now tempted by the Witcher 3 which is "50% off" at 25 which is still more than other places but Steam has made me ashamedly lazy...