GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Playstation

Playstation Covers discussions on anything Playstation related.

Old 16-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
r3d@rget

Scanner

r3d@rget is an unknown quantity at this point
Whos excited about the PS4?

Well with a lot of details revealed about the PS4, what do you think? Are you a fan of the "Share" feature? How about no backwards comparability!??
r3d@rget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whos excited about the PS4?

I would really like to see the option for backwards comparability, I would even be willing to pay a little extra for it, I mean I am sitting here with XX amount of PS3 games already, so why shouldn't I be able to play them still, a lot of them wont be dated.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer there is so you have to go out and buy a shitload of new software

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
I have no doubt I will be buying both this and xBox. Can't wait to see what E3 brings for both PS4 and Nextbox.
Old 19-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Im going to be a dick here and say, Whats the fuss over these features I have been using on the PC for fuck loads of years?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #6
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Im going to be a dick here and say, Whats the fuss over these features I have been using on the PC for fuck loads of years?
This, someone wake me up when they actually have something that will give me a reason not to own a PC.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Lol. Does every thread about a console have to turn into a 'PC is better' thread?

Not that I disagree... My PC os my primary gaming point and my PS360s are only occasionally used.

But, if you are going to go down the console route, whether for reasons of price tag, convenience or exclusive titles, why not want the most feature-packed experience possible?
Old 20-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
Lol. Does every thread about a console have to turn into a 'PC is better' thread?
I think you've answered your own question

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
djd4ws0n

Bullsquid
Administrator

djd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really, let's see you play *INSERT NAME OF INCOMPATIBLE GAME I CBA TO FIND* on your shiny Windows 8 machine.

Without emulators or DOSBOX - NATIVE ONLY!
Old 21-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

ONLY reason I'd buy a PS4 is if they bring in the compatibility mode to play old Playstation games.

As nice as it looks, it's just the XBox/PC for me. There's no games on it that aren't available to the XBox that I've justified buying one..However, if they make it a reasonable priced gaming console with games I twitch to play I might consider it, doubtful though..
Old 22-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
Really, let's see you play *INSERT NAME OF INCOMPATIBLE GAME I CBA TO FIND* on your shiny Windows 8 machine.

Without emulators or DOSBOX - NATIVE ONLY!
Plat's derp Win8 system isn't included. Over here in the golden fields of working OS's and start menus (Win7 etc) all is well.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #12
djd4ws0n

Bullsquid
Administrator

djd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond repute

TBH - There's plenty of stuff that doesn't run on Win 7 either. So my comment still stands. If I could be arsed to find a title :P
Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #13
JK Ferret

Human Grunt

JK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Was considering getting a PS3 (the old 360's starting to spout steam and a popup tells me I need a crank to wind it up half way through playing) until I heard about the PS4's incoming status. Undecided on what to do, as a PS3 will become obsolete in the field of new releases, and the PS4 not having backwards compatibility (as of yet) is a kick in the teeth for any other games I want to play... bad enough that latter versions of the PS3 don't like PS2 games (from what I read) :/
JK Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
backwards compatibility
This. Only reason I never bought a PS3.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I bought an early 60Gb one that does play most PS2 games, at least it plays the ones I want. Mainly Ratchet & Clank and GT3. They still do them in Game for 150 with a years warranty.
As for the PS4 I'm undecided. I've never been what you'd call an early adopter. I tend to wait until the initial excitement dies down and the prices drop a bit.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
MrCodNewb

Scanner

MrCodNewb is an unknown quantity at this pointMrCodNewb is an unknown quantity at this pointMrCodNewb is an unknown quantity at this pointMrCodNewb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ps4 will be an interesting console, only concern is potential 80 for a game
MrCodNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #17
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCodNewb View Post
Ps4 will be an interesting console, only concern is potential 80 for a game
WTF where did you hear this?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

I will no doubt have one on launch day and will not open the box till when i get home of course, I am not excited yet the only difference i am going to see is probably when i upgrade my pc as i feel that the next gen will only match this in terms of hardware, there is a few game titles i am looking forward to but anything new i am usually like a new puppy wagging its tail sniff sniff lick lick, i hope there is going to be something that will set it above anything at the moment
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF where did you hear this?
TBH we've been seeing this for ages. What do you think DLC is for.

They know nobody would stomach that kind of money for a game and they also know that the vast majority of gamers never do more than scratch the surface of any game so they release them in stages so those who want to can get the whole thing and those who give up after level 3 don't pay for 100 levels they'll never see.

IMO we've had it easy for too long. The price of games now is not much different to that of the 1990s but the costs of production have gone through the roof. It used to be the case that a top flight game would take a team of a few dozen to produce and would be sold for 30-40 quid. I remember Microsoft Flight Sim 2 cost 50 quid back in the late '80s. Now they have teams of hundreds and are still selling for the same price. The days of two lads writing a game in their bedroom and making millions out of it are well and truly gone.

Like them or loath them even EA have to make money.
Old 24-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Nathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really nice

I am certainly grabbing a PS4 as near to release as possible, probably an Xbone first quarter 2014. Lack of backwards compatibility isn't an issue for me as I will still be using my PS3 for TV, catch up and DVR duties.

Wouldn't mind having the option of Planetside 2 in the living room without the nightmare of trying to map all the controls to a 360 pad and still be somewhat effective. ;-)