GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 24-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute
I dont see wha the problems is

I cant see what the problem is with this, if you dont explain these things to children at a young age they struggle to understand and have prejudices later in life. I grew up with kids pointing and people staring. If a child asks I always explain (although this has stopped a lot since the hip replacement)

Is this another case of molly codling kids?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7906507.stm?lss
Old 24-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I dont see wha the problems is

******* cripples get everywhere...
next thing they will be turning up at our lan partys

oh wait
nvm
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Old 24-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about

I agree with you Aussie, seems stupid to be even talking about removing someone for air because they're disability scares kids; the kids should just have disability explained to them.

It's probably parents not knowing how much mentally their child is going to understand, so instead of seeing if they can, just hiding them from it.

If I was the parent I'd just be explaining to my child. As you say, people need to make sure their children understand that disability is as normal as not having a disability. Every one is different.
Old 24-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough

Im my kids secondary school its common place now for kids to have wheelchairs and other disabilites which in my day was never seen. But the kids seem protective of there wheelchair bound friends and treat them like any other of thier friends as it should be. This is another case of stupid people with a computer and ability to use e-mail.
Old 25-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

If she gets pulled from the air that is going to be one MASSIVE law suit the BBC have on their hands (no pun intended). She has every right to be there and if parents are that bothered about teaching their kids what is wrong then the BBC should make a special program/message on the website that the parents can show their kids, or use as reference to explain what is wrong.

I don't have pity for the presenter, but respect that she hasn't let something like this stop her following her dream and good on her for not letting the *******s keep her down. BBC apologising for it? hang their heads in shame!
Old 25-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Thats ******* disgraceful.
So what if shes only got one hand, does that make her any less of a person?!
I doubt that it is the children with the problem but the parents stuck in a 1800's type mentality of all disabled people cant have a life, put them down. Its wrong.
There she is trying to educate your chiuldren and there they are picking on what is more than likely her biggest insecurity.
Old 25-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute

I remember as a youngster seeing a black man for the first time and it was almost such a rare occasion to tell someone that you saw a coloured person. It soon enough became common place and the novelty wore off.

Disabled people are in that kind of category. I've got a friend who's not in this forum but is also in a wheelchair. He has three fingers on one hand and a stump for an arm on the other side. His legs stop just above where his knees would be. After getting over the initial shock and curiosity, it's just an ordinary thing. You get over it. Kids will do the same after this woman's been TV for a while, it'll die down and people will move onto some other trumped-up frenzy of nothingness.

P.S. I'm kind of reminded of the "conjoined-twin-myslexia" episode of South Park. Why don't the BBC market some gloves to make it look like their hands are missing to show support?
Old 25-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
Thats ******* disgraceful.
So what if shes only got one hand, does that make her any less of a person?!
Would make for sub-standard hand-jobs...anyhow I digress

It is a disgrace that they would even contemplate removing a presenter from air for something like this...Beadle (RIP) managed to stay on air for years even though he had a disability which is/was in many ways similar to this. Surely (as pointed out by others) introducing children to things such as this will prevent problems occuring in the future.
And if parents are really that concerned, there's always the 'off' button for the TV and hell, they could always send the kids out to play while that particular presenter is on...
Old 25-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
...send the kids out to play while that particular presenter is on...
There will then be an outrage at parents who send their children out unsupervised as all the kiddy-fiddlers are out to prey on youngsters in every park in the country.

Everyone is out to get you, you know.
Old 25-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie View Post
There will then be an outrage at parents who send their children out unsupervised as all the kiddy-fiddlers are out to prey on youngsters in every park in the country.

Everyone is out to get you, you know.
*Note: This thread is not sponsored in any way by the Daily Mirror*

The entire world has gone to ****, and frankly, this lastest debacle of ****storming nothingness makes me think that from now, all children should be given a blindfold, and told not to remove it till they are 18, and the rest of the grown ups deem them capable of getting on with everyday life.