GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 19-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Solost

Zombie

Solost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enough
Anyone know anything about Satellite Broadband?

Got a friend that lives some 10miles from his phone exchange.. BT refuse to connect his house to broadband for that reason, even though he has had piss poor broadband with them in the past.. :S

So were looking at Satellite Broadband but seem to be struggling to find anything for a reasonable price.. Has anyone one used Satellite? and can recommend a provider that's not silly money to setup?

Taa

Dislcaimer: All the views I've posted on these forum are my own.. How ever misguided I may be..
Solost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone know anything about Satellite Broadband?

I don't think your find one that's not expensive to setup because of all the equipment involved.

Instead of looking at satellite why not look at mobile broadband that all the mobile companies do now instead.

Zen also used to do a 256k package for people with line length issues although im not sure if they still do but there a friendly bunch of people and I have always found them very helpful in the past so it might be worth asking.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Before our village had Broadband, a provider set a Wireless network across the entire village which worked wonders. Was called ORB (Oxford Rural Broadband).

Not sure if there's anything like that around that area is there?
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Solost

Zombie

Solost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enough

Taa for the replys guys.. I'll check them out..

Dislcaimer: All the views I've posted on these forum are my own.. How ever misguided I may be..
Solost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

do you get a gsm signal?
if you do the mobile dongles usally give a decent connection.
(i get a lower wow latency than i do on my cable)
although it has issues when i run vent as well -_-
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote