GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 01-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
is jersey (france) different to UK?

i ordered sommat from a popular (unnamed) mail order shop.
date and time of the order was the 30th of october 2004 at 22:25

the next day i go on the website to check order history and see "no outstanding orders"

i think this is a bit odd, so i go to check order history and see

"Item: Transformers - Season 2 - Vol. 1 Box Set (3 Discs) (Region 2 DVD)
Posted on 31/10/2004" (on a side note, transformers box set yay! get season 1 box set with limited edition tin which is big enough to hold all 4 series box sets! )

now, unless im mistaken (which never happens) the 31st is a sunday...
WTFBBQ!!!
these people are in work doin orders AND posting them on a sunday?!
what kind of freaky place does that?!
just bein in work and doin orderson a sunday for a net shop is wierd enough ffs!

so is the land of wannabe french people diff to the UK?
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #2
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Nathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really nice
lol, no idea man.

/me waits for Sin, Cloud and co....

Old 01-11-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough
/me pokes Sin and Cloud and co with an extendable cattle prod

**Bzzzzt**
Old 01-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK
now, unless im mistaken (which never happens) the 31st is a sunday...
WTFBBQ!!!
these people are in work doin orders AND posting them on a sunday?!
what kind of freaky place does that?!
just bein in work and doin orderson a sunday for a net shop is wierd enough ffs!
any business that is setup to work from home will prolly be working all hours of the day to meet demand..

i know that when needed i stick in 28hr shifts etc to get the work out
Old 01-11-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
NBK
Banned

NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
hmmm
i dont think this particular business would be working from home lol (and its the best shop of its kind on teh web! )
Old 01-11-2004, 05:16 PM   #6
Mr_Meeker

Bullsquid

Mr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of light
lets see...

french(ish )
best of its kind on the web

you lingerie shopping NBK? something your not telling us here?
Mr_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:21 PM   #7
NBK
Banned

thankfully no
u can see what i bought in my first post
Old 01-11-2004, 06:13 PM   #8
Sin_Chase

Vortigaunt

Sin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really nice
I know the shop your on about, and know people who work in the warehouse.

Its practically a 24/7 business, you have no idea how many sales they put through.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:21 PM   #9
NBK
Banned

i think every1 knows the shop im on about

i just thought it was wierd for something to actually be posted on a sunday
Old 01-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #10
Sin_Chase

Vortigaunt

Sin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really nice
It probably got put in a container and was ready to ship sunday, didnt acually leave the island though.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:31 PM   #11
NBK
Banned

apparently every time u get sommat from this shop u have to go and declare it to customs :|
wierd
Old 01-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #12
Sin_Chase

Vortigaunt

What us?

No
Old 01-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #13
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
Yeah i orderd loads of DVD's from play.com
and they have been dispatched on saturday and sundays as well

glad to see that there are other companys that employ staff for weekend work
in this day and age i cant see why more shops dont do it
esp the 24hr shopping and late night shopping
Old 01-11-2004, 06:37 PM   #14
NBK
Banned

i meant uk ppl, sin
Old 02-11-2004, 12:12 AM   #15
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
I've tried to get a job there, I spoke to someone on the phone and they have'nt got back to me after a week.

So, I rang the same number (jersey number) and then when I got to the part of explaining I live in jersey, oh sorry this is a number for the *some place in england I forgot*. I was like, no a 6 digit number without area codes is definatly on the island.

So I ask for the personnel number in jersey or if any at all, recruitment manager whatever, he says there isnt one.

I ask for the adress he doesnt know, the website does'nt give enough information, just a post code, so I search for a post code on multimaps and other sites, nothing.
Phone book doesnt even have "play.com" or the warehouse name in it.

You'd think on such a small island it'd be easy to find but no.

As for the difference, well I can't see any :P
Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 AM   #16
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

Ste (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of light
maybe its hidden in a secret underground layer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dr-evil.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	7430  

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Ste (homz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 02:19 AM   #17
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
Damnit!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:20 AM   #18
NBK
Banned

addy and numb comes on invoice thingy