GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 14-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #41
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Menu put on the forums

The Limbo post was just me saying I thought GO was going in the wrong direction, It was not a attack on you or GameOn, if you read it as that then fair enough.
You did repeat to me 3 times I think it was regarding the issue of Burton lans, I forgot ok?
That MSN chat I had had a little Alcohol decided to speak my mind and for that I am sorry, perhaps there was a time and place for that and the convo wasnt it.
I would disagree that what I have said is well belowthe belt, people who know me know that I pretty much speak my mind, I dont like to bull**** and if people dont loke that then thats there problem, Im not out to piss people off thats not what I am like but you cant please everyone I suppose.
I agree this thread is not the place for this therefore ill make this my last post in this thread, ill try not to post in threads relating to the website / reviews ect, I will keep to the forums I help out on and just stick to the non GO related threads (apart from lan related ones).
All I want is a return to the bigger lans.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #42
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

With fairly big (interface) changes like this is, its usually only the people who dislike it who say so; those who don't mind don't make a fuss. Which leads me on to saying I don't mind it

I also see what Colio is saying: because of the left hand menu (which I would like to see on the right too!), the forum appears squished, which looks a bit different/odd. However, I currently feel the long term benefits for GO with this change outweigh those of minor inconvenience.

Last edited by POBmaestro; 14-02-2009 at 02:57 PM.
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #43
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I tell a lie, I will add one thing.
If indeed people here have been offended by my opinions on GO then please tell me, im not a mind reader I cant tell over the internet if you have taken offence, so far Rasher has come out and said my comments were below the belt, fair enough ill take that on board for the future, No one else that I can remember (and remember what my memory is like!) has spoken to me.
If we have a chat things can be worked out (eh Ginge).
What I will say though is that my friends and people who know me know that as I have stated I speak my mind, sometimes I probably should take a little time and have a think about my wording ect but thats just the way it goes with me, like it or not im not going to change.
What I will say is im sorry if anyone has been offended, what has been said is just my opinion and I felt things needed to be said for te good of GameOn, Over time I have come to learn that GameOn has a different path ahead than the one I would like to see and fair enough lets see how things pan out.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 14-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #44
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

tbh what you are going on about above doent even start to cover how you have been towards things in GameOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
I felt things needed to be said for te good of GameOn, Over time I have come to learn that GameOn has a different path ahead than the one I would like to see and fair enough lets see how things pan out.
Here is the thing, you have NO idea of the goals were aiming at, i even suggested in another post (months back) to come and speak to me about it, which you replied "i have already done and tried that", clearly not

just as one more note on the LANs, it was you who almost put off the last new large group of people from coming back to GO LANs, i can not see how that is the same goals.

again hitting back on the MSN conversation, we talked about the LANs, and you was quite rude towards other peoples views on this.

I do appreciate you coming out and apologising if you have offended anyone.
Takes a big man to do that, so i thank you, (no pun intended)
but i do feel a lot more has happened than you maybe recall, i know for fact some have tried to speak to you about it.

You say people to come and talk to you, but you don't and haven't made it easy to do that.
The point is, that's gone, its happened, its finished.

I am MORE than happy to speak, in a group at the LAN and iron out things
but once again i am sure even you can see, this topic (thread) isn't just about the menu system, other issues are coming up which is what people are noticing.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #45
Platinum

Tentacle

We all say things that at the time seem ok but looking back could seem over the top, I need to calm down first before any conversation is had tbh.

Old 14-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #46
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

People are beeing fecking pathetic. It is a adbar, thats it. The forum needs it, and all it does, ALL IT DOES is move the rest of the forum a MINUTE couple of cm to the right....

If some of you can't deal with it then I wonder how you can manage in teh big wide Interwebs world? Not every website is the same, but you adapt to it every time you open it and use it. Just deal with this, I'm sure you can complain about the next thing that comes round too if it makes you feel better...

Silly little things like this where people complain about changes that are happening for the good of the LANS/Community are really putting me off.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #47
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Plat, learn paragraphs...
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #48
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
Plat, learn paragraphs...
, Mate I got a E in english, resat the exams the next year and got a F

Old 14-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #49
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't have a problem with any of it.

Most home computer screens these days are big enough to cover a few adverts and banners and it doesn't effect me reading peoples posts as I have to scroll down the page anyway.

The only thing I can think of that would be nice although i'm fairly sure it would be a coding nightmare is to be able to customize your forum profile.

So while you cant really add or remove bits you could perhaps say have the gaming mag bar on the right instead of the left.

It would be a pretty useless feature im sure but it would be cool.

Well done to everyone involved.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #50
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to say that I don't have any problems with the layout as it stands. TBH not having the trailers loading at the top of the page has made it load much faster which was my only issue with the initial changes.

I can see however how having the side bar can make things a little cramped at lower resolutions.
1024x768 (which admittedly not many people are using these days) on my daughter's old laptop isn't ideal although not to the point of being annoying.
Old 14-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #51
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see any problems myself, using 1280x1024 on my desktop and 1280x800 on the laptop. Was caught off guard a few times by the mag ad, but it's not really a problem for me.

The only problem I initially had was that it seemed odd all the posts being squashed to the right a bit, but tbh it's not really that much of a bother anymore.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #52
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
I tell a lie, I will add one thing.
If indeed people here have been offended by my opinions on GO then please tell me, im not a mind reader I cant tell over the internet if you have taken offence, so far Rasher has come out and said my comments were below the belt, fair enough ill take that on board for the future, No one else that I can emember (and remember what my memory is like!) has spoken to me..
I called you out when you were being a bit of a douche once and you responded by PMing me telling me I was on your ignore list and writing the word "HATE" as a comment in my profile. All's fine and dandy with you know though as far as I'm aware!

Regarding the layout of the site - I personally don't browse with full screen firefox so the forum is defo a little bit squished for me, and a few things appear "broken" (for example, the box I'm typing in breaks the frame slightly) but it's nothing that's gonna make browsing too annoying.

User profiles look VERY cramped however - might be worth seeing if it's possible to turn it off there?

.EDIT

Oh and it says..

"Gaming Magazine
Its Free!!!"

Should be "It's Free!!!", although I don't think three exclamation marks are needed
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #53
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
User profiles look VERY cramped however - might be worth seeing if it's possible to turn it off there?
I have been working on that one, planning on turning it off for a lot of areas to help with them sort of "double Menu" issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Oh and it says..

"Gaming Magazine
Its Free!!!"

Should be "It's Free!!!", although I don't think three exclamation marks are needed

Sorted, ta
see no one spotted that one, or bothered to tell us

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #54
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

I'm just a grammar nazi
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote