GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 20-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
Blak

Human Grunt

Blak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond reputeBlak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Someone's nicked the forums!

Oooh look at me ans Snoozer using advertizing lingo
Old 20-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute

and you think you guys have got i bad look what happens when i log in every time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	youthinkyouvegotitbad.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	18944  
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak View Post
Oooh look at me ans Snoozer using advertizing lingo
Gotta be with the times man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si^ View Post
and you think you guys have got i bad look what happens when i log in every time
Quite possibly one of the most rofl things out there
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #24
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
Kyle and myself have put questions in to place every couple of years (or so)
by using MSN chats, IRC and Teamspeak
just getting a bunch of users together asking them about things like donating towards running things.

Almost every time we have, we was asked "what do we get in return"
people who donate want to have a say on who can stay and go
We have felt it wouldn't be fair, lets say you (Angelfromabove) don't donate
this wouldn't give you as much rights as the ones that do
in our eyes this is wrong, everyone should have the same rights.
donate should be donate, but people don't always think like that.

We had exactly the same issue with Game servers
when we asked if people would help out by paying 50p/1 a month
People then started, "well yes, if we are guaranteed a space in the server"
reserving slots is the best way to kill a server off, so again, we never took that road, plus back then most game servers couldn't have reserved slots (that's changed a lot over the last 3 years)

Even now, we get a lot of users who cant afford the 35 every three months for a LAN

Maybe its getting to that time of year to ask again and see if people will donate

People forget that Linda (Mrs Rasher) and myself pay for most of the online things out of our own pocket
Hmm yeah i can kind of see where your coming from here but if you ask for dontion towards keeping it running thats a different thing to charging a set amout like a monthly fee.

By asking for donations your asking people nicely who spend a lot of time here to maybe contribute towards the upkeep of the site and such. By asking for a set monthly fee that implies more that you almost own a bit of that site? Oh god im crap with words...

Isnt it worth giving it a go though? Maybe if pople were aware of exactly how much it costs for you and your wife (i assume? lol) to run this it may make them feel a little more inclined to contribute, were not talking massive amounts of money but if each member were to contribute...i dunno 5 quid? Thats a lot of money in the end and a completely reasonable ask i believe.

Im sorry if that doesnt make sense i know exactly what i mean but i have difficults in trying to explain.
Old 20-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #25
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is GO has been around a very long time and Rasher has tried pretty much everything and knows if it will work or not.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #26
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

**small update**

think we have found a much better solution, will be going live later tonight

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #27
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

I logged in, saw the ad, scrolled down to forums... wow that was hard...

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #28
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
lol just what I was thinking. Yeah its a bit of an inconvience atm, but as Rasher said its still in testing. For now, just use that little scroll wheel on your mouse

and mega lol at poor Si^
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #29
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Scroll down yea no worrys but my issue is new users are gonna come along and see a advert taking up most of the page and think Meh these guys are just after money rather than providing good lans and a good website, and I can kind of agree there as it does take up half the page, dont think even toms hardware sorry adverts do that, the ad needs to better integrate into the site, have content around it to work, Rasher is working on it so this issue will soon be void.
My only concern is the fact it went live like this, it looks very unprofessional imo and gives the wrong image off for GO.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 21-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #30
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
My faults exactly.

You have to scroll down to read peoples posts anyway so it makes no difference to me.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #31
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly the same as it was before now.

The advert has been made the same height as what the User Pictures were. No more worries!
Old 21-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #32
Platinum

Tentacle

Much better now , Could it be centered like the youtube ones were before?

Old 21-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #33
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Much better now , Could it be centered like the youtube ones were before?
It is suppose to be
looks like its working in IE but not in FF
i will correct the code now

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #34
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute

All Sorted!!!
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote