GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat

GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat GameOn LAN Parties.

Old 31-08-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
Best thing about GameOn LANs - imo

Besides the good clean facilities, excellent servers and good practical location for most people in the UK, i have to say that the best thing about LANs is when afterwards you really feel as if you met a lot of really cool people.

All in all, I'm pretty new on the GameOn scene so a lot of these "new people i meet" are not necessarily new themselves. Every LAN i have attended i have come away with so many more faces to put to names but the one just gone I think i met the most new people ever. I think it may have been thanks to the tournaments, in particular the Unreal Tournament 2004 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments.

Now, dont be upset if i dont list you here, it may be cos i didnt manage to get your name, or it may be cos i consider that i have 'met' you prior to this lan

SuKaMaDiQ,
OldLady (took me hours to uninstall all the h4x after i let him play a 1v1 UT2K4 match on my rig :P),
Iain,
eC,
Antz (who incidently turns out that we used to be in a CS/DoD clan together a while back),
Zimmer,
Ex0dus,
Gary,
Advance_G,
Switch (last 5 all per0 staff),
the CHEERS clan (in particular Cruel^ with his uber never-miss Lighting Gun skillz),
the SE7EN clan,
the LagMasters clan (a CS clan who played well in all the tourneys EXCEPT the CS tourney - great bunch of lads),
the thk/Dragon clan (although i met benneh last lan - ExumE lives near some dodgy arsed speed humps...),
yates, accel, stealth_uk and nozza

That's a whole lot of people... a lot of which may not remember me. The list of people i spoke to all in all is much larger but I dont remeber EVERYONE's names as thanks to organising the UT tourney's i mustve spoke to a good 50 or so people.

Anyway, ill take this opportunity to also say thanks to all the other staff working uber hard to make the GameOn what it is. AND obviously the users. Without either of these peeps, GameOn simply couldnt exist

GL to Rasher and Kyle aswell as all the people attending EOGC as competitors over the following week. This is only a vague rumour but its possible that I MAY be joining the weekend crew but ive still got to pull some strings.

GameOn - Run by gamers for gamers
Old 31-08-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Nathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really nice
And wp to u marc, the most knackered looking admin at lan #56, u looked fooked by sunday evening but were still on teh ball. Pld mate.

Also, sumhow managed to forget my cardigan from ur car, nxt lan then eh?
Old 31-08-2004, 03:52 PM   #3
Cunni

Houndeye

Cunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this point
nice post from a class lan, beats iseries by far. the fact that its not over the top with the amount of people, and you can actually get some sleep! apart from having scott aka "dyo?" snoring in ya ear! i do appologise on behalf of him to all of the ppl who complained about that! some one should of shaved off his afro for that lol.

if anyone dare'd
Cunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 05:03 PM   #4
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
I agree Monger it is great meeting loads of new peeps and as an Admin it does give you plenty of opportunity

Would like to give a big up to all the CS players who managed to surrive a grueling monster CS session on saturday
And a thank you to all the players for been paitent during the UT while we sorted the servers
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
must agree with you tedd0x. the endurance of the CS teams was phenominal. was it 11am till about 11pm in the league alone? without them all being so prepared and ready to go when they were scheduled it wouldve been so much harder. great stuff cs clans
Old 31-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Sheepy

Snark

Sheepy is an unknown quantity at this point
really enjoyed the cs tourny. 11 tourny games (including eogc) in the 2 days? i'd say that was about 8 more than we'd have played at i21
Sheepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #7
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of
I agree m8y, u do meet loadsa really cool people

I was a little 'scared' when i forst got there. My first gameon lan and i only knew bout 3 ppl b4 it that were going, but everyone was really friendly, and all up 4 a great laugh. Met some of the funniest ppl ive met in ages.

It was a great experience, hope to see as many of u as possible at the next one
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #8
AJST

Scanner

AJST is an unknown quantity at this pointAJST is an unknown quantity at this pointAJST is an unknown quantity at this point
that was my first lan as well and it was very gd i enjoyed getting my arse whiped at cs but i enjoyed whiping eveyones ass at any outher game i played (and cs is my main game :S) and yea us lag masters will come bac and kick ur ass one day u cs clans and at least beat 1 clan :P
AJST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #9
Cunni

Houndeye

Cunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this pointCunni is an unknown quantity at this point
lol yey! we will meet again! :P

na you guys are cool , good sports, hope you do well at EOGC
Cunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 10:08 AM   #10
Cable

Manhack

Cable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJST
i enjoyed whiping eveyones ass at any outher game i played
er....im sure u boys played Halo with us...dont remeber an "ass whupin" there....

Street Fighter; nothing else matters
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #11
SuKaMiDiQ

Zombie

SuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enoughSuKaMiDiQ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable
er....im sure u boys played Halo with us...dont remeber an "ass whupin" there....
yep me too and in 1 of the ut2k4 maps it was 59-60 i think you'll find

was a great laugh though shame we didnt get round to doing it again like we wanted to prolly coz dayspring had too many burgers in his hand or infront of him
SuKaMiDiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 10:25 AM   #12
Cable

Manhack

Cable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura aboutCable has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuKaMiDiQ
yep me too and in 1 of the ut2k4 maps it was 59-60 i think you'll find

was a great laugh though shame we didnt get round to doing it again like we wanted to prolly coz dayspring had too many burgers in his hand or infront of him
yeah, i think ur right. That fat bast eh?

Street Fighter; nothing else matters
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:41 AM   #13
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
quality post mong, glad to see people enjoying LAN's, what its all about!

amen!

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #14
AJST

Scanner

AJST is an unknown quantity at this pointAJST is an unknown quantity at this pointAJST is an unknown quantity at this point
all right halo was an exception for u guys only since ive never played it on pc before and that ut game was supurb but dont forget it was 60-59 to us and we only let u guys catch up couse we felt sorry for u guys from the map before
yea we will have to hook up over net and give u guys a rematch if ur up for it and chubby brown dont have to many burgers with him :P
Old 08-09-2004, 01:20 AM   #15
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
Quote:
will have to hook up over net and give u guys a rematch if ur up for it and chubby brown dont have to many burgers with him :P
LOL ROFLMAO HAHA

Rep for you baby

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:41 AM   #16
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Nathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really nice
Quote:
all right halo was an exception for u guys only since ive never played it on pc before and that ut game was supurb but dont forget it was 60-59 to us and we only let u guys catch up couse we felt sorry for u guys from the map before
yea we will have to hook up over net and give u guys a rematch if ur up for it and chubby brown dont have to many burgers with him :P
UT2k4 pfffft, Halos a mans game! And i dont play UT unless im at lan, neither does dev0 so will hav to wait for next lan.

And Halo the exception? Iirc u boys got owned, pwned and then owned some more on Halo...dominated i think might be a better term.

The 59-60 was pretty cool tho, altho last time i played UT2k4 before lan 56 was lan 55, same with dev0. I think sukamidiq played it quite a bit, but he was worse then the rest of us on the night.

Oh well, at least u boys did well in the CS tourney *cough*

Old 08-09-2004, 08:22 AM   #17
monger

Alien Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayspring_uk
Oh well, at least u boys did well in the CS tourney *cough*

ok guys. Meet at the old courthouse at noon with your handbags.

12 paces each, you know the rules...

Last edited by monger; 08-09-2004 at 08:31 AM.
monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #18
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by monger
ok guys. Meet at the the courthouse at noon with your handbags.

12 paces each, you know the rules...
unless he's using an AWP, i'll be safe.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:32 AM   #19
monger

Alien Controller

you mean IF he;s using an AWP ud be safe.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #20
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by monger
you mean IF he;s using an AWP ud be safe.
tbh, i dont know wot i mean, i just gathered teh AWP was a bit of a n00b cannon. CS suks ass man.