Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 08-05-2003, 04:39 AM   #1
FuzeoN

Fast Headcrab

FuzeoN is an unknown quantity at this point
Matrix Reloaded Review

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...MATRIX%20MOVIE

first review according to my irc news ticker..

didnt know ewan and will got offered the part before keanu.. weird eh? cant imagine will smith or ewan mcgregor as neo at all..

too comedic, and too.. padawan.

decent read tho, i got no probs with 2 hours of action.. the story was set in the first, they didnt really do much about the overall resolve of things, which is probobly what the second does.. so its all good...

i suppose theres minor spoilers in there, nothing the trailers dont already do tho.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:54 AM   #2
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
OMFG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/2972193.stm

there will be IMAX versions :P

woohoo
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-05-2003, 09:31 AM   #3
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
thought you were gonna devoid yourself of the hype fuz?

Anyhow Ted, put it this way..

I was like g00 when I saw the Trailer for Matrix Reloaded @ the Cinema (well beats pc monitor!!).

If I watch Revolutions @ an Imax, Im afraid my body may not be able to take it.

I'll end up like Senator Kelly from Xmen the movie!

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 09-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #4
FuzeoN

Fast Headcrab

FuzeoN is an unknown quantity at this point
nah s'not really hype.. it popped up in my irc news ticker so i had a look.. from how its sounding youd have problems spoiling this for yerself anyway, as it seems mainly action orientated.
Old 22-05-2003, 12:55 AM   #5
Penno

Fast Headcrab

Penno is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got back from seeing it ...... OMFG.
Old 22-05-2003, 08:53 AM   #6
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, went see the movie last night.

Heres my two word synopsis "Fckin A"

This is one sh1t hot movie. Its action packed, it makes you think, its got a lot in it. Go see it.

However on the downside.

I heard a review by a critic who said its a confusing film and a philosophy diploma would come in handy.

Now I can see why. - It does get a bit paradoxical at key points and your head starts to hurt.

Also some of the effects were billed as revolutionary and brand new etc etc, however to be honest, they didnt seem any more revolutionary since the first matrix.

There wasnt much in terms of jaw dropping effects.

But thats my negatives out of the way.

When you go and see it, you wont be disappointed. Class film.

The fight scenes are so class.

Oh, in this film in particular you see so many influences from other films.

But anyhow, thats all Im saying on this matter so as not to spoil it for others.

go and enjoy it, Im going again on Friday in the hope of making more sense of the storyline.

Oh trailers before the movie were T3, and Hulk which both look ace.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 23-05-2003, 08:55 PM   #7
Vertigo

Manhack

Vertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished road
SO disappointed...may well be some spoiler ahead...

They took an actiom movice and tried to make a thinking man's film, and failed spectacularly. Some points summarised for easy abuse :

1) The dancing bit. Whatever...Xian is now a nightclub it seems.

2) The CGI fight scene in the baseball court. OMG...could they have made the cuts between CGI and real life any more obvious? Where was neo's texture to his face during the CGI bits? looked so plastic and fake, I laughed. And all those extras Smith's - some of them didn't even have black hair ffs when they managed to actually squeeze in some actors. Looks like they took more time over the Animatrix shortie than this.

3) The french geezer & how to make a poor conversation. Keep going on about "you have no choice" "you are here under orders" "you don't know why you're here" "you don't know what you are doing here"...loop ad-infinitum.

4) The silver bullet bit. So we have werewolves here to now eh?. oh...kay. And that blonde bit that needed the kiss was the worse actor ever. period.

5) The end bit with the creator. See point 3 above, except talk faster, repeat MANY MANY times, don't make sense then get bored.

6) Predictable ending. Oh she died...wonder if he's gonna bring her round? oooh look he did! "infected smith type bloke" on table behind Neo at end - pan slowly to this chap, then add the cheesiest "TA-DA!" music ever heard since the late 60's.

I was ready to leave after an hour, I was seriously so pi$$ed off....I was so looking forward to this film...only slight saving grace was the comedy given to it by the new "Operator", the blonde ghosty geezers, and the chase scene down the highway.

IMHO of course.
Old 23-05-2003, 11:58 PM   #8
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice
tbh the only bad part of the film, is the fact they didnt have the same music uin the fight scene with the agent smiths and neo as they did in the trailor... only letdown tbh
Old 24-05-2003, 02:47 AM   #9
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
thought it was fu'ing great. had to explain a lot to my missus about the whole choise thing that all the "ones" have to take and that he was the first to choose wot he did cos he was in love and the others werent. clever shit man. i thought it was all a bit odd with the religious seeming prophecy and faith story but how it was explained was ace.

best film i seen mebbe since fight club. hope the next one will rocks too. (sure it will)
Old 24-05-2003, 02:52 AM   #10
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
reading verty's post. either i made up some story in my head, or you just plain didnt get it.

i thought the story was great.

my theory... that bloke on the table (the lone survivor) i reckon was the previous "chosen one" and thats why he wanted to kill neo before neo went to see the oracle. cos he knew that if neo made it to the source, then the whole cycle would start again and the machines would keep the control. i might be wrong but thats wot i reckon might happen
Old 24-05-2003, 03:22 AM   #11
monger

Alien Controller

hmm

forget that last theory cos the guy who i thought could be a previous neo was actually agent smith cos neop saw him get "absorbed" by smith in one of hie premonition dreams
Old 25-05-2003, 10:42 AM   #12
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
Off to see it tonight, i'll give my views when we get back :]
Old 25-05-2003, 10:44 AM   #13
Vertigo

Manhack

Vertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished road
lol...which I did actually point out.

And you're saying I didn;t get it?.......

Old 27-05-2003, 05:58 PM   #14
Lazarus

Zombie

Lazarus is an unknown quantity at this point
film was awesome
Old 29-05-2003, 12:46 AM   #15
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the guy on the table was a brother of that traitor guy or something from the first film (cypher, spl).

i saw him earlier in the film in zion, but i was so mind numbingly bored then (more than any other part), i completely and utterely had zoned out, and missed what he said entirely... i cant think of a film id been looking forward to thats ever done that to me.

so i dunno what his deal is, but i thought he looked like cypher complete with "i have a goatee therefore im evil".. i swear, like the cheese in reloaded wasnt enough, if that guy IS cyphers brother complete with evil goatee, surfaced for revenge, then it truely is the cheesiest thing ever.

goatee+look alike+traitor suspicions = bro imo, but like i said, i zoned out so they could have said who he is.

i would say based on the first film, if the above is true, its a red herring.. but based on the god damn awful story and directing of reloaded, i severly doubt it.
Old 29-05-2003, 01:02 AM   #16
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
Just seen it, nothing new CGI wise that I have not seen before.

The story did make sense (well most of it), I enjoyed the speeches and the character interaction but the action?

Too much punch, block, punch punch blah blah blah /yawn.
Fight scenes were draaaawwwwn out; e.g. boring fight between some french guys n0bas lasted ages, he had swords and all sorts of shite and still took 5 minutes of screen time to dispatch em, like he did not wanna hurt em or sumit?

And when something ground-breaking happens (Neo saves Trinity's life) they flip over it as if its no big deal!!!!!

Didn't like the ending much.....

With its faults, it was entertaining, fights were well done (esp Neo whipping Mr.Smiths (plural) with a big pipe & Trinity slo-mo falling from building)

one thing this film has made me realise...me like chicks in pvc
Old 29-05-2003, 04:21 AM   #17
rolly

Snark

rolly is an unknown quantity at this pointrolly is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, i dont normally post here, but some very silly people here indeed.

firstly,

"Just seen it, nothing new CGI wise that I have not seen before."

hmm, when was the last time you saw a film where actors and cgi were able to change at any point between each other? oh, never? oh... what's that jack, you dont know shit?

and to this peen who is saying the dude on the table is cypher's brother... PLS STFU!!! go watch the film again you nub.

/my two cents

cypher's brother... what a nub.

oh and that "ta-daaa" at the end of the film, when you see the dude on the table next to neo, i thought that was a very clever touch, very classic film stuff, to show that it doesnt take itself too seriously. it is only a film, btw

/my other two cents i just found
Old 29-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #18
Colio

Garg

rolly,

sure your entitled to your opinion, but to slate people for theirs it just wrong.

Its just like the people who gave negative comments on the film saying "oh ffs, just stfu n00b".

Give comments about other peoples comments sure, but to slate them for doing it, is despisable.

Old 29-05-2003, 10:30 AM   #19
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, rolly, what a complete d1ckhead u are, crawl back under the rock u emerged from, little man.

firstly, anyone who eyes who ISNT blind can see the CG is terrible, actors dont swap between being real and CG like it's totally invisible, it's insanely obvious, you blindly loyal newbie.

and the thing about cyphers brother, if you read properly, and im pretty damn sure you must be wearing glasses the size of milk bottles or definetely need them, i said id zoned out at that part of the film and had no clue what that guy said, hence have no clue wtf he was and was just throwing around harmless view.

what a pathetic little life you must lead when u cant take other people's opinions without getting annoyed and flaming (and im not flaming your opinion, cos there's no opinion in your post, just pure flame coated by a few sentences).. even more so, i bet yer the type who says sod all real life even if their opinion does go against yours.. an comes online to vent your frustration at being such a complete looser.

all talk net lamer, do us all a favour yourself included, and go back to watching your precious reloaded and save us the trouble of replying to your total bullshit... hopefully the cinema is near an opticians, id suggest an appointment.

kinda funny tho, i dont think ive seen anyone get so flamey over something so totally unprovoked, it's amazingly pathetic and stereotyptically troll like..

1984 birthday? sure thats not meant to be 1994? grow the hell up, child.

having yer own opinion is fair game, but flaming other people with no more reasoning than the flame itself it's a true sign of a retarded troll..

hah, i bet yer the type who's scouring forums and news comments around the net, trolling them up against anti reloaders.. what a tool.. made my morning fun though, so thanks for that .

just another trolling reload zelot.. yer not unique you know, although at least some of the others actually back up points as best they can and not look totally mornic.

Last edited by FusioN; 29-05-2003 at 10:41 AM.
Old 29-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #20
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
/me watches the tumble weed..

take a chill pill guys